Age III event cards?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
tabicat

Age III event cards?

Post by tabicat »

At the end of the game, the final scoring included this line:

Why did I lose 4 points? What are the "card effects"?
pikachuQAQ

Re: Age III event cards?

Post by pikachuQAQ »

I guess it is because the age III event "Impact of Happiness",

and you have 2 discontent workers,

so you lose 2*2=4 points.
tabicat

Post by tabicat »

Thanks. Are these cards available view viewing anywhere? The manual doesn't list them, so I have no idea how end-game scoring is calculated.
pikachuQAQ

Post by pikachuQAQ »

These pictures are from the app and I post them on my FB page

https://www.facebook.com/jimy00ex/media ... 512&type=3
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

tabicat wrote: 19 May 2019, 01:13 Thanks. Are these cards available view viewing anywhere? The manual doesn't list them, so I have no idea how end-game scoring is calculated.
https://x.boardgamearena.net/data/theme ... ds_big.jpg
TheBoot

Post by TheBoot »

End game scoring is based upon which Age III cards are put in the future event deck. All future (and current) event cards will resolve at the end.
Most of them are positive points based upon various different conditions. Looking through them the poster above is correct, the only one that can give negative is the Impact of Happiness.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

I'm confused by this. The Impact of .... appears in the log at the end of the game, but I have no idea where these all come from.

Can someone explain everything to do with these cards and the end game scoring, please :)

Is all the The Impact of ... points coming from the Age III event cards?

Can we see the event cards at any point during the game. Start? During? End?

Are they always the same?
MoiMagnus

Post by MoiMagnus »

At the end of the games, all the Age III event cards seeded by the players (so they are chosen by the players) that have not yet been resolved are resolved (and they essentially all are "Impact of X"). And only those that are seeded by players are resolved, so it changes each game.
Sandoval

Post by Sandoval »

RicardoRix wrote: 01 February 2020, 20:57 I'm confused by this. The Impact of .... appears in the log at the end of the game, but I have no idea where these all come from.
Yeah, the game log could be improved upon. It would be GREAT if it would show you the card mentioned when you hovered over it in the log like it does when you hover over a played card on the board. Then you could immediately see what kind of event it was, or which kind of card a user picked.

Or if it would be possible that one could take some time during the replay, having it stop and show the card in question every time and only continuing with the replay when the user hit an "Ok, continue" button instead of being a fully automated replay. At least this could be optional, maybe!

Return to “Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization”