Changes in this game

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
CrassDas

Changes in this game

Post by CrassDas »

hi

I know this game very well because i host real games since 2001
and i have a very pleased big group playing this game.

There are some differences in this online version and
i will try to help with my experience from many years WW.

3 important things i would change:

1. Block chat-talk at night! This is terrible for the wolves.
(The guys who didnt have time to chat are the wolves - you can
find out who is good or bad by talking to him at night).

2. (from a houserule) anyone who is dead loose the game !
(in real life you cannot win while loosing your life... its unreal.
anyone wants to stay alive !!!!!). Martyrs kill the best of this game:
A good an logic disscussion. Anyone simply waits for next matyr....
Without this rule the game always goes the same procedure.
(in my own Version its not allowed to tell others your role !!! It works very very good)
But i know this rule is impossible for online games...

3. WW-Voting: Kill the target with the most votes at night - not only if every WW vote the same target.
(sometimes a WW-player has trouble to vote - this is silly for all WW). And remember
if Amor will be in game there is a good possibility that one WW playes against the other WW.
(atm he can block the others at night easyly).

greets
CrassDas
HuHu92

Re: Changes in this game

Post by HuHu92 »

hey there

I completely agree with points 1 and 3. Good thoughts on the 2nd point and it for sure should be consider as an option.
I would want to add that there is a way for people to cheat and in my opinion it should be taken the necessary measures to prevent that. The case i am talking about is for still alive people not being able to see the chat of the dead ones... well that is not completely true and i believe it can give too much information away for both teams and make the game unfair. I really hope this will be fixed asap.

Cheers :)
GreenStegosaurus

Post by GreenStegosaurus »

They need to mute the chat window for the dead characters, too.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Hi

Thanks for proposing changes to this game. However, BGA only implements the official rules of the game, or the rules adaptations explicitly accepted by the designers (like the default vote to the player on your right).

There is nothing about 1 in the rules. The rules states the opposite of 2. About 3 rules are also explicit (werewolves MUST agree).

If you have suggestion about game rules, please do not hesitate to contact the publisher of the game.
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

Does the night chat function the same for everyone? If werewolves chat, does everyone see it?

If talking during the night is allowed, and the Little Girl is in play. What would prevent an IRL Little Girl player to blatantly look during the night and just blurt out every single one of the Werewolves?
The following day would even explicitly confirm the truth of the Little Girl player's claims, as a 'peeking' Little Girl forcibly becomes the Werewolves' target of the night.
hberger

Post by hberger »

thank you sourisdudesert for pointing out the rules as the designer wrote them.
CrassDass ; your point 2 makes another game.
In Wolves, it is a team game, not a solo game. Everything making the team win is fine, even sacrifice.
lilysloth

Post by lilysloth »

I agree with the 1st one. I have been in a few games where the last werewolf killed the fortune teller so the ft couldn't have revealed the werewolf's identity but the ft told everyone in the chat who the werewolf is before the end of the night and it completely ruined the game. There's already a bigger chance of winning for the good side, don't make it harder. Talking during the night shouldn't be allowed.
Janabis

Post by Janabis »

sourisdudesert wrote: 10 June 2019, 14:23 Hi

Thanks for proposing changes to this game. However, BGA only implements the official rules of the game, or the rules adaptations explicitly accepted by the designers (like the default vote to the player on your right).

There is nothing about 1 in the rules. The rules states the opposite of 2. About 3 rules are also explicit (werewolves MUST agree).

If you have suggestion about game rules, please do not hesitate to contact the publisher of the game.
J'ai testé par curiosité ce jeu ici sur BGA & je n'ai rien à dire redire sur l'interface. Par contre, sur l'adaptation du jeu & ce que certains joueurs en font, c'est la grosse douche froide décevante :cry:
Sur le premier point, c'est vrai que rien n'interdit de parler pendant la nuit, IRL, c'est même ce qui peut lancer les débats, qui bouge, qui parle, etc ... mais en ligne, c'est quand même plus compliqué & plus nuisible, mais je pense que c'est aussi à chacun de se "maîtriser".
Sur le deuxième point, je suis d'accord avec Crassdas, & non, rien ne stipule clairement dans les règles qu'on peut gagner même quand on meurt. Pour en avoir discuté avec les auteurs eux-mêmes, le choix est volontairement laissé aux joueurs de choisir comment ils veulent "gagner". D'ailleurs, ce serait une idée, laisser le choix au créateur de la table entre une victoire au camp ou à la survie ... les façons de jouer seraient bien différentes & contenteraient tout le monde.
Pour information, j'ai participé avec les auteurs au développement de certaines extensions & à leur promotion sur différents salons de jeux & pourtant c'est la première fois que j'entends parler d'abstention. Pour le coup, la règle stipule très clairement qu'un joueur DOIT voter.
Sur le dernier point, je suis d'accord avec Sourisdudesert, la règle stipule bien que les loups-garous doivent être unanimes, même si la possibilité de choisir à la majorité ne me dérange pas du tout.

M'enfin, comme on dit par chez moi : "A la fin, c'est toujours le meneur qui a raison !" ^^
moejul

Post by moejul »

For the 2nd point : "don't tell your role".

I think that the goal of the game is to make trouble in the minds. If someone says "I am the fortune teller !", so you can also say "No, it's me, you lie !".
On this online game, the problem is that everybody wants to be sure during voting. But in fact, nobody can be sure ! In real game, it's always a big discussion, with a lot of liars, who try to kill the truth. And if people does'nt believe you... You die !

For me, abstention is destroying the spirit of the game. I think that when there is tie in voting, so a captain must choose who die. And yes, there is random in this game... We shouldn't delete that random part. It's very important and funny...

Here, everybody is waiting to know the truth. When people knows everything, we begin to play. And before ? Only abstention. That's not good. The tie during voting would be forbidden, or broken by a captain. Isn't it like that in the rules ?

____

Concernant le 2ème point : "ne pas dire son rôle".

Je pense que le but du jeu est justement de semer le doute. Si quelqu'un dit "Je suis la voyante !", alors rien n'empêche de dire "Non c'est moi, tu mens !".
Sur cette version en ligne, le problème est que tout le monde veut être sûr de son vote. Mais en réalité, personne ne peut être sûr. Dans le jeu IRL, il y a toujours un gros débat où quelqu'un qui dit la vérité essaie de se défendre contre des menteurs... Et le moins convaincant meurt !

A mon sens, la possibilité d'abstention tue un peu l'esprit du jeu. Quand il y a égalité dans les votes, un capitaine doit choisir qui meurt. Et oui, il y a une part de hasard dans le jeu... Nous ne devrions pas la supprimer. Elle est très importante !

Ici en gros, tout le monde attend d'être sûr, et alors on commence à jouer. Avant ça ? Abstention. Ce n'est pas normal. L'égalité devrait être interdite ou tranchée. N'est-ce pas le cas dans les règles ?
ChameleonBG

Post by ChameleonBG »

Random vote on day one is helping wolves not villagers. And basically people like to play game, not to get voted out on day one. And RL is often different than online anyway, so you can't compare these two so easily.

Return to “The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow”