Funniest situations in games

General discussion on board games
Caffe Latte

Funniest situations in games

Post by Caffe Latte » 12 July 2019, 09:36

I can't stop smiling remembering that in Love letter once a first move was played Baron while holding a Bishop and there was a Princess revealed.

Jest Phulin

Re: Funniest situations in games

Post by Jest Phulin » 12 July 2019, 16:16

Not on this site, but my favorite of all time was when I was playing Word on the Street with my nephews.
For those unfamiliar with the game, it is a team vs team tug-of-war with letters. A category is revealed, and one team must spell a word that fits the category, pulling letters to their side as they spell it. If they get it past a certain spot, they capture the letter. One of the rules states that the opposing team can offer suggestions for the word, no matter how helpful. :lol:

Anyway, I was playing with my nephews David and William, who were on opposite teams. The category came up "Something that smells bad." William immediately shouts out "David!" David looks down at the board, and replies, "Well, it would allow us to capture the 'D'."

souly4

Post by souly4 » 12 July 2019, 17:01

If you allow me the excursion to video games... We (my brother and I) played Gran Turismo (among other games) extensively on PS1, and I don't know anymore which mode it was... but it was not a short distance until finish, and it has been pretty close all way. Then at the last straight, the one behind accelerated better and so could make up for his little deficit, to the degree that it was not predictable who will get first eventually. Then we passed the finish line and were stunned when gazing at the result... it was +0.000, meaning we both had the same time even rounded to a thousandth of a second :P

Concerning board games, I did have quite a bit crazy luck/bad luck moments in my time on BGA, without being able to recall the majority of them off the top of my head though. I guess they are just that anyways - improbable rather than funny.

iliz sera

Post by iliz sera » 01 September 2019, 12:48

Well I always feel traumatized when playing P.I. and opponent has 3 aspects in a space... then somehow they use the investigator to get it in the first or second move. Life is useless literally that moment :)

Return to “Discuss about board games”