What is your favourite board game NOT on BGA?

General discussion on board games
grampashootch

Re: What is your favourite board game NOT on BGA?

Post by grampashootch » 23 June 2020, 09:27

About setback. I forgot to mention that once the bidder has set the trump suit, Each player discards all non-trumps and receives a "re-deal" of however many cards are needed to bring their "hand" back up to 6 cards. That always leaves 8-15 cards or so not dealt out. It is cheating for the dealer to sneak a peek at the bottom of the bunch of non-dealt cards, but there is always an aunt in the family who likes to do this. Conservative bidders will bid 3 on a hand with an Ace and a few other cards. Risk takers will bid 4 on ace and King of the same suit, but can still be "set" if the Jack and Joker are not "out" or are captured by the other team. The mode score is definitely 4.... but getting "set" drops your score severely and often your team does not recover. The game is played until a team reaches 21 points, or 11 points if time is short. If it ends in a tie, the bidding team in the last round wins.

lusodam

Post by lusodam » 28 June 2020, 00:59

Bonsoir,
j'espère que vous allez bien.

Auriez-vous des bons jeux à me conseiller entre un et six joueurs (ou plus) ??

On joue surtout à des jeux d'ambiance, identités cachées, coopération, et de la "petite" stratégie.

Exemple : Six qui prend, Colt Express, Camel up, Word traps, Mot pour mot, Saboteurs, etc.

Merci beaucoup pour vos réponses et bonne soirée
​​​​​​​lusodam

Janetta

Post by Janetta » 29 June 2020, 02:04

Hello! Welcome to our forum about board games to play at home . . . on the dining room table!

I am a big fan of co-operative games . . . Forbidden Desert . . . Flash Point Fire Rescue . . . Burgle Bros. are among my favourites.

In each of these co-op games players take on an identity with unique abilities to help the group succeed in . . . escaping the desert . . . saving victims from a burning building . . . evading the guards and pulling off a heist!

Today I played Codenames Duet . . . also co-operative . . . players give clues about a tableau of words . . . attempting to tie as many words together, with a one-word clue, as possible . . . you win together when players contact all fifteen secret agents before running into an assassin!

Let me know if you try any of these suggested games!

Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin » 30 June 2020, 07:06

Janetta wrote:
29 June 2020, 02:04

I am a big fan of co-operative games . . . Flash Point Fire Rescue . . .
You might want to try HotShots. I find it better, as it's a modular board so the starting problem areas don't get predictable.

Then there's always the co-operative with a traitor games, which avoid having one person quarterbacking everyone's moves....

Return to “Discuss about board games”