What is your favourite board game NOT on BGA?

General discussion on board games
MrCrappyPants

Re: What is your favourite board game NOT on BGA?

Post by MrCrappyPants » 10 January 2021, 06:14

Clank!

Mariana Gama

Post by Mariana Gama » 14 January 2021, 19:42

I have several of them :)
1. Quarriors
2.RollPlayer
3.Mansion of Madness
4.Zombicide
5.Last Friday
6.Quartz
7.Photosyntesis
8.Imperial Settlers
9. Dead of Winter
10. And more

AussieJedi

Post by AussieJedi » 16 January 2021, 20:43

I would love to see Lords of Waterdeep also. It doesn't need to have expansions, but would be nice.

C-Jack

Post by C-Jack » 17 January 2021, 15:35

Catan

LightKnight

Post by LightKnight » 18 January 2021, 15:37

I mostly play on BGA because I don't have many opportunities to play irl, but here are the games that I probably like the best, outside of BGA:
- Dixit
- CodeNames
- Dream On (these three games are French type, imagination based - you may tag them party games)
- The Railway Adventurers
- Ohanami (a Japanese garden theme draft game. I only played once - and I had to google it to find the name - but I love both the theme and the mechanics, and it's really a simple game)
- Dobble (the games are fun, and I awe at the system of cards they managed to create)

Also I sometimes play Yam's (at least the 3 columns version), but with our own families' system of points, and I really don't like the version on BGA, so I don't play it here.

Janetta

Post by Janetta » 18 January 2021, 22:34

Thank you, LightKnight, for your reply . . . I hope we can keep a discussion going about what games we like to play in real life . . . that was my original intent with this question.

For me . . . playing board games in real life means playing with my husband who is not as much of a gamer as I am . . . and his preference is to play co-operative games. Thankfully there are lots of good ones available . . . and we own a handful. I do like co-operative play . . . but . . . I still enjoy the fun of competitive games . . . this is why I play on BGA.

We own Codenames Duet . . . the co-op version . . . and it is a really good version . . . some say it is the best of all the Codenames games. Hey . . . there's an idea . . . I think I will set up Codenames Duet after supper tonight!

Return to “Discuss about board games”