Re: What is your favourite board game NOT on BGA?

General discussion on board games
Yobust

Post by Yobust »

Not as my favorite as I don't favorite any game I like a lots different games anyway but one game I like but BGA do not git it's painted yathzee
Julie von Tapse

Post by Julie von Tapse »

My favourite board game NOT on BGA is "Wingspan". Though I'm not sure if I would like a BGA version of it, since I really like the material and artwork and it's just not the same online.

Another one, which is not my favourite, but I'd love to see it on BGA is "Small World". I think it would be easy to teach to many of my friends, especially the ones who like to play but don't like complicated rules.
Janetta

Post by Janetta »

I agree with you Julie . . . Wingspan is a beautiful game!

We have at the library where I work and even though I know my husband was not going to play with me, I still brought it home for a weekend . . . just to look at the pieces . . . assemble the dice tower . . . read a lot of the cards.

At now our board game collection is no longer circulating . . . blame the pandemic . . . AND . . . that goes for staff as well as customers. :(
aesche

Post by aesche »

aesche wrote: 12 July 2020, 17:02 Being flexible with "board"-game: Wizard!
Not true anymore, yaaaay! :)
FT3

Post by FT3 »

I think Indigo by Reiner Knizia would work great on this site - a shame that it (presumably) didn’t sell very well (given it’s now out of print)
lucygeorges

Post by lucygeorges »

FT3 wrote: 27 April 2021, 22:28 I think Indigo by Reiner Knizia would work great on this site - a shame that it (presumably) didn’t sell very well (given it’s now out of print)
Excellent suggestion. It reminds me of a game with similar tiles (but no gems) from many years ago, the name of which I cannot for the life of me remember!
EDIT : Just found it, it was Tantrix (1991)
FT3

Post by FT3 »

Hmm, wasn’t sure what to make of Tantrix, one friend called it a game of maintenance. My main memory of it is having to constantly say to people “no you need to put one there first”.
Hartsy74

Post by Hartsy74 »

Orleans
Istanbul
Dominion
Firefly

Euchre (cards/trump game) would be an easy one to add.
mrnaia

Post by mrnaia »

Shadow Hunter !
We've played this game so many times that now the cards are not as readable as before ! Better with extension that means more possible roles
Jacky50

Post by Jacky50 »

Wingspan! Absolutely love it! And Agricola, Dominion, Ticket to ride, Machiavelli and Hacienda are other favorites which are not (yet!?) on BGA.

Return to “Discuss about board games”