Shadow hunters board game

General discussion on board games
MichalisRG

Shadow hunters board game

Post by MichalisRG »

Any thoughts about this game?
I love it and i think it would be very amusing to be added in bga because is is fun to play
MoiMagnus

Re: Shadow hunters board game

Post by MoiMagnus »

Great game that I've significantly overplayed few years ago. Not really balanced if my memory is correct, though that's definitely not a problem for the two main teams, in fact that's even part of the fun to discover who has an OP character and becomes a priority target. The unbalance of the neutral characters can be somewhat more frustrating, I remember we had a set of houserules for a good half of them.
BoardNoremac

Post by BoardNoremac »

Wow never expected to hear about this game randomly. Our group played it quite a bit and it was fun for what it was. It was our go to game for 5+ players for awhile. I haven't played it in maybe 3 years or more. In our experience a lot of other board games just get super slow but Shadow Hunters really shined in these circumstances.

It definitely wasn't a super strategic game but I enjoyed it, which is odd because normally I always hate "secret agenda games". I just found it quite interesting how everyone always starts out peaceful then all of a sudden everyone kept attacking each other.

I am curious how well it would work for BGA / Digital Implementation. I think it would be super fun to play with friends though.
MichalisRG

Post by MichalisRG »

I still play this game. We even made some more characters to make it more interesting because we play it for many years. It is simple and fun and you never know who is your opponent or your enemy.
TacCOIG

Post by TacCOIG »

Shadow Hunters is a great game, especially in some of the right groups. It is a bit unbalanced (especially some of the weaker neutral characters) where we've introduced special house rules to balance it a little but the base game is still a very fun game none the less!

Return to “Discuss about board games”