Board Game Arena Penpals/ Chat?

Discuss about anything!
tttokki

Board Game Arena Penpals/ Chat?

Post by tttokki »

Hi all!

It can often be difficult to just join a table and strike up conversation, so I figured I'd throw this out there in case there are others who are looking to enjoy some conversations and meet new people alongside some great gaming. This could be as easy as posting interest here and connecting through the forum itself to add people who are also interested.

Hope you have an amazing day and looking forward to connecting with you!
-tikyjo

(p.s. I used the search feature for the forums and couldn't find a post about this, but if there is already one my apologies!)
tramss

Re: Board Game Arena Penpals/ Chat?

Post by tramss »

I totally agree with you. A few times i have a chance with friendly people on BGA and had a good chat during the game.

However it is not always the case, especially while we were playing more serious games. Those games demand more attention and I would feel bad to chat while the other players are waiting me to finish my turn.

I am sure many people must be feeling the same. Since we are having the same hobby, I am sure there are plenty things to chat. Let's all have a blast :D
FindingMenow

Post by FindingMenow »

Yeah I love to chat too! The best part of BGA is meeting people from all over the world. :D Some games need less concentration and allow more time to chat, especially while waiting between turns if there are more people.
ED Me

Post by ED Me »

I'd love to chat and play games with new people I can be around most evenings from 7pm gmt
varshaeatspasta

Post by varshaeatspasta »

Hope I'm not too late but I'd love to chat as well!! Quarantine is making me go insane without being able to talk and meet people. I agree with you guys, I like the people I talk to during games.. but after the game ends, the chat does as well. :/
amoxycillin

Post by amoxycillin »

Yeah I love to chat to people from around the world... feel free to chat to me whenever you are on line.
nccc

Post by nccc »

https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7700490
join this group if u like. :)
Janetta

Post by Janetta »

You might enjoy this group . . . Talkative and Friendly Games . . . https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=1088438
Andy D

Post by Andy D »

tikyjo wrote: 19 February 2021, 20:59 Hi all!

It can often be difficult to just join a table and strike up conversation, so I figured I'd throw this out there in case there are others who are looking to enjoy some conversations and meet new people alongside some great gaming. This could be as easy as posting interest here and connecting through the forum itself to add people who are also interested.

Hope you have an amazing day and looking forward to connecting with you!
-tikyjo

(p.s. I used the search feature for the forums and couldn't find a post about this, but if there is already one my apologies!)
Thanks Tikyjo for asking the question, because I've been thinking the same thing. I came to BGA from a couple of in real live meetup groups for boardgames, which obviously stopped during 'recent times', so kinda lost the chat element I had in those groups.

Also thanks for the people suggesting to join groups on here. Seems like such an obvious move in retrospect, you know, using the features BGA provides. :)
KiBe the Walrus

Post by KiBe the Walrus »

I am up for new friendships too, if anyone wants to add me and play some games!

Return to “Off-topic”