How is location detected

Discuss about anything!
hotdoc29

How is location detected

Post by hotdoc29 »

I want to know how BGA interface detects location of players. My friend and I were sitting in the same place and tried to play a game using 2 different internet connections but were unable to play because same location error kept popping up.
Previously I thought that location is dependent on IP address but that does not seem to be the case.
Jest Phulin

Re: How is location detected

Post by Jest Phulin »

This tread should probably be put in the Discussions section, not the "non-BGA topics" section. :)
Yasten

Post by Yasten »

hotdoc29 wrote: 24 August 2021, 02:29 I want to know how BGA interface detects location of players. My friend and I were sitting in the same place and tried to play a game using 2 different internet connections but were unable to play because same location error kept popping up.
Previously I thought that location is dependent on IP address but that does not seem to be the case.
Well, for a ranked I might see the issue, although needing hotseat for that would mean 1 device and yeah, that might be a problem with 2 different phones without a single premium... I guess that's bc they think same room... Were the 2 IPs just things like 2 different frequencies? But yeah, this is BGA related actually. Wait, so you can have different IPs yet be at the same location? :o :roll:
voriki

Post by voriki »

hotdoc29 wrote: 24 August 2021, 02:29 using 2 different internet connections
Could you elaborate?
Were both on a wifi signal, or was one using mobile data?

Return to “Off-topic”