Suggestion: The Joker as an Undo Card

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Robo65

Suggestion: The Joker as an Undo Card

Post by Robo65 »

Hello,

there is a german game variant of Tock called "Tac" that contains a "TAC" card. This card has two effects: (1) The move of the previous player is reverted and (2) the player who plays a Tac uses the card of the previous player for his own move.

At least in Germany, a single rule from the rule set of a game is not subject to copyright. The complete rule set is, but not one rule. That may vary in other countries. But it would make sense to check the legal situation first, or to ask for permission. The tac rulebook can be found online, by the way.

The default card set in BGA Studio doesn't contain jokers, but I think it could be possible to add graphics for them. Then, 3 Jokers could be added to add some fun to the game. Based on the card name, playing a Joker would be to "joke something" :) In Tac, if I play a Tac card, I say "ich tacke den Zug" (I tac that move).

The Joker has some usage rules.
  • You must be able to use the card that you want to joke. If you can't do that, you can't play the Joker.
  • If a joked card has more than one function, you are free to choose what function you use after you joke it. Example: If an Ace was used to move a pawn by one field, you can joke that and use it to bring a new pawn into play. Or in case of the new 7 option: if a 7 was used to move a pawn by 5 fields, you can joke it and are free to move one to seven fields.
  • The Joker is stronger than a 10, so you can joke a 10 and play it yourself. Tock cannot follow Tac exactly here because the rules of Tock-10 differ from Tac-8, this needs discussion.
  • You can't play a Joker as first card after dealing (you can't joke the card that was played before dealing a new hand)
  • You can joke a Joker. And joke a Joker that joked a Joker. The headaches of each iteration raise exponentially if first Joker was played on a Jack. The card that must be usable by a Joker is the card that was played before the Joker(s).
  • You can joke pawn back out of the home zone. Even if a move ended the game, it still can be joked! In fact, it must be joked if there is the possibility. But you can't joke THAT joker, because of the "you must use the joked card" rule.
Robo

Return to “Toc”