Question about a strange scenario

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Lydos

Question about a strange scenario

Post by Lydos » 06 April 2020, 22:09

Hello,
During a game, i met the situation in the next picture: my rhino entered in the set, pushing in A3. I didn't imagine he could enter here, but desesperately, I tried and it worked :shock:
Is it normal ? I mean: total force pushing down is 2; total force pushing up is 1. OK. But, my rhino in D4 is out of the fight no ? Strange situation...

Een

Re: Question about a strange scenario

Post by Een » 06 April 2020, 22:33

Indeed it looks like a bug. But there is a header in this forum giving the link on where to report bugs :D

Lydos

Post by Lydos » 07 April 2020, 12:19

Ok, at first, i was not sure if it was a bug or just a strange situation. I'll post in the appropriate section

Desperis

Post by Desperis » 13 April 2020, 13:44

Actually, nothing is said about that particular situation in the rules...
From a realistic point of view, the rhino on D4 cannot affect the situation by pushing, since he's facing neither an opposing animal nor a rock.
But the rules only say sth about adding the pushing strength and comparing it to the opposite pushing strength... Obviously, from your example, this is the exact implementation of the game.
Note that the same situation has already been reported in this report : https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=13945&vote.

diamant

Post by diamant » 13 April 2020, 21:14

Lydos wrote:
06 April 2020, 22:09
Is it normal ? I mean: total force pushing down is 2; total force pushing up is 1. OK. But, my rhino in D4 is out of the fight no ? Strange situation...
If your image is a screenshot, you must indicate the game number and the move number so that it is truly exploitable.

I inform you that a bug report exists about the problem you are reporting, and that I even proposed an algorithm to correct it.
#13945: "Oppnonent pushed a piece whichn't was not possible "

With my algorithm :
< 4 adjacent spaces occupied in the push line >
1 (D1) P=10+0=10 >0
2 (D2) P=10-10=0 <=0 therefore IMPOSSIBLE MOVEMENT (interruption of the loop)

Return to “Siam”