Rules Clarification

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
EllieK

Rules Clarification

Post by EllieK »

After reading over the rules at NXSgame.com, I am wondering if I missed a rule or if some of the images are missing a territorial control line. I am particularly referring to the two images linked below. In these images why does the black player not also capture the spaces to the upper left, two spaces at 10 O'Clock for the image labeled 8 and three spaces at 10 O'Clock for the image labeled 9? Don't they also lead back to black's territory?

Thanks.
EllieK

Re: Rules Clarification

Post by EllieK »

To answer my own question, now that I've played the game:

You must be able to trace a straight path from your piece back to a hex in your territory. Tracing a straight line to an enemy hex that borders your territory does not claim territory.

Great Game! Lots of fun. Nice strategy. Smooth intuitive play.

Thanks!
w3r3wolv3s

Post by w3r3wolv3s »

EllieK wrote: 26 January 2020, 15:55 After reading over the rules at NXSgame.com, I am wondering if I missed a rule or if some of the images are missing a territorial control line. I am particularly referring to the two images linked below. In these images why does the black player not also capture the spaces to the upper left, two spaces at 10 O'Clock for the image labeled 8 and three spaces at 10 O'Clock for the image labeled 9? Don't they also lead back to black's territory?

Thanks.
Hi, Ellie. I apologize for the late reply on this. I frankly did not even realize this forum existed.

The territory line you are talking about does not go to Black's board. If you follow it, the line actually goes off board, not to Black's territory (there is no black hex at the end of the line, just empty space). Hope that helps.
w3r3wolv3s

Post by w3r3wolv3s »

EllieK wrote: 26 January 2020, 16:32 To answer my own question, now that I've played the game:

You must be able to trace a straight path from your piece back to a hex in your territory. Tracing a straight line to an enemy hex that borders your territory does not claim territory.

Great Game! Lots of fun. Nice strategy. Smooth intuitive play.

Thanks!
And now that I have replied, I see that you already solved it :) I didn't see your second reply for some reason.

Glad you are enjoying the game!

Return to “NXS”