Anytime action when selecting a donkey marker

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Issity

Anytime action when selecting a donkey marker

Post by Issity »

Several times I forgot to activate my siesta roof tile and realised that only when it was time to select a donkey marker. Unfortunately anytime action is not available at this step.
Is it a bug? Couldn't find anything in the rulebook that would disallow anytime action just before or after selecting donkey marker.
And it's not possible to activate siesta tile after new player order is determined - it could be useful to just get an extra VP.
Rooster6975

Re: Anytime action when selecting a donkey marker

Post by Rooster6975 »

I honestly don't believe there is a single instance where this game does not propose an Anytime Action.
paramesis

Post by paramesis »

I’ve been frustrated by forgetting to use these tiles as well, but BGA implements this correctly. The siesta roof markers can only be used during the Farm Phase or the Revenue Phase, as indicated by the blue/green background. Choosing a Donkey Marker is the first step of the Transportation phase. This distinction ensures that all players have access to the same information when choosing a donkey marker.

One could argue for other anytime effects during this step, such as the roof marker that makes a delivery, but simultaneous selection is not uniquely “your turn”, which is when rules state you can take an anytime action.
dethwing

Post by dethwing »

It's programmed correctly, but boy would I like a reminder to use it button.

There's reminders to use all the helpers. It's so incredibly easy to click through the revenue die when you meant to use it.

Return to “La Granja”