Marram

Future games in need of testing and feedback
Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on: https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
robert44444uk

Marram

Post by robert44444uk »

Hi Everyone.

I am pleased to announce that my new game "Marram" is now available on BGA in Alpha mode, which is the stage where the game is tested before being released to play by everyone.

I am interested to hear from people who might want to help me test it. If you are up for it, I can add you to the approved list of Marram Players, who can play the game amongst themselves. If you are in the BGA Reviewer Group, you can already access it.

If you are interested, could you message me here in BGA or reply to this post and I can invite you to join the Marram Players Group?

There are some videos explaining how to play it on YouTube, and rules can be accessed on BGG.

Grateful for all of you who try the game and for any feedback you chose to provide.

Regards

Robert

board box final v small.jpg
board box final v small.jpg (35.21 KiB) Viewed 1833 times

What is Marram all about? It comes in 3 flavours:

The "Classic" game is the one that will become the physical board game - a tile placement game to complete features such as snakes, worms, and patches of grass and sand. There are two versions to play - the short game taking around 20 minutes to get a taste and the complete game taking about 40 minutes.

The "Pitchfork" game - a game of two halves - the first half completing and clearing snakes and worms, and the second half digging up the landscape. It looks simple, but this is a strategy game with depth, especially the long version. Again this comes in the short version, taking up to 30 minutes and the full version taking 1 hour. Here is how the game looks:

Capture Marram.JPG
Capture Marram.JPG (185.82 KiB) Viewed 1833 times
The "Animals" game - this is Pitchfork with some additional features - you can guess whether a fly and a frog are going to be eaten by a snake.
robert44444uk

Re: Marram

Post by robert44444uk »

Hi to all. All of the Marram variations have been tested at least once and early build-faults ironed out.

A minor issue will be apparently-misplaced tiles. This type of presentation fault can be immediately sorted by using F5.

It would be helpful if volunteers with tablets, or touch-screen computers (i.e. no mouse), could try the game and report any issues. It should be possible to play on both.

All variations of the game, both turn-based and timed, are good to play on desktops using recent versions of all the major browsers.
robert44444uk

Post by robert44444uk »

Dear All

The misplaced tile problem is sorted and the games are playing well. Feedback from the most recent 4 players has been very positive. We do need more testers though!

A good place to start would be the Pitchfork variant, short game, where there is plenty of opportunity to see how tiles are placed and flipped. I'll be posting a silent "example game" video on the Marram page later this morning showing Marram Pitchfork in action.

Regards

Robert
robert44444uk

Post by robert44444uk »

I've posted a short YouTube video that shows Marram Pitchfork in action

https://youtu.be/szHxp1zQyFI
JSandra

Post by JSandra »

I just tried the game, intuitive enough. Strategy game. I advise! :D
A-dam

Post by A-dam »

Hi,

since the initial release, here are most important changes:
  • new selector of where to put tokens with highligth animation
  • when clicked to place tile, it is automatically orientied to first possible rotation
  • for short game, next to player score added indicator of the target score
  • last move has thicker highligth
  • if player has no token to place on a tile, this step is automatically skipped
  • better zoom option for mobile devices
  • some minor bug fixes
Feel free to test and comment!

Adam
Caninski_Jen

Post by Caninski_Jen »

This game, I had the opportunity to try it out.

It reminded me a bit of the game rifugio. Choosing the tiles, the game is very deep, you have to see what the opponent has as tiles, and really focusing on the game it self.

I like how many opportunities you can have and how the tiles you still can change. I love this kind of games, where puzzle and logic are needed

The design of the game is not bad, its nice, simple and to the point, really love the game so far
robert44444uk

Post by robert44444uk »

Hi Everyone, I've opened up the Marram Players Group to give more people a chance to play.

The game is playing smoothly without any major bugs, but that is what Alpha testing is all about.

So check the YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CfcmzKiLK0 and come play in the dunes, make "Welly Bootiful" moves, "fork" a snake or two and dig for victory!

Return to “"Alpha" games”