Connect Four

Future games in need of testing and feedback
Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on: https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
T_Law

Connect Four

Post by T_Law »

Hi everyone! My take on a very classic game that I would love to play here on BGA is now on Alpha Status!
If you are eligible for being a BGA reviewer you can go to this website, otherwise you can just ask me to add you to the test group!

Let me know if there is anything I should change!

Edit 2:

Bug Fixes:
- Game progression now works as intended
- Placeholder logo image removed
- Banner image added

Improvement:
- Mark the last move
- Add new stat: discs played
- Changed log into "player plays a disc in column x"
- Winning combination gets highlighted before the end of the game
- Updated way of checking the winning condition
megamau

Re: Connect Four

Post by megamau »

In a few plays I noticed that the error "your moves and opponent moves recorded at the same time" appeared.
I'm not sure of the exact wording, but meaning was that.
DivingBelle

Post by DivingBelle »

I would love to be an alpha tester, I'm disabled and have plenty of time and I am literate enough to give a good description of what I like, issues, and suggested improvements. :)
aesche

Post by aesche »

DivingBelle wrote: 31 May 2020, 03:43 I would love to be an alpha tester, I'm disabled and have plenty of time and I am literate enough to give a good description of what I like, issues, and suggested improvements. :)
Connect 4 made it through alpha and beta meanwhile, and is available as fully released game, here: https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=connectfour
(Although a pretty bad bug that was there since the beginning still isnt fixed...)
Een

Post by Een »

aesche wrote: 31 May 2020, 19:38 (Although a pretty bad bug that was there since the beginning still isnt fixed...)
Checked the bug list for this game following your comment and didn't see what you are talking about?
aesche

Post by aesche »

Een wrote: 31 May 2020, 20:45
aesche wrote: 31 May 2020, 19:38 (Although a pretty bad bug that was there since the beginning still isnt fixed...)
Checked the bug list for this game following your comment and didn't see what you are talking about?
Thanks for watching out here and checking back.
The rematch-function isn‘t implemented (properly), which can lead to the same player starting the game several times in a row. Which is really bad in a game which is won by the opener if he plays perfect.

I told the dev directly when it came to beta and as we happened to play together, and he said he‘d look into it, so I didnt want to push him further with an official bug report. Shortly after I also wrote this into the C4 beta thread (together with other ideas for improvement), and thought he sure would react, as it was pretty cool to chat with him as we met and he was very responsive there. Just never heard from him anymore since then...

But, having your attention on this already ( ;) ): Even when this gets fixed for regular C4 games, it‘s still a huge issue in the C4 arena, where such a function that checks for rematches doesnt exist at all unfortunately, which is a BGA-wide issue (I‘ll gladly create a bug/suggestion for that, if you think something can be done about it for arena generally).
Een

Post by Een »

Well, indeed I would suggest that you create reports, this allows to clearly express your thoughts and for people to vote for it if they agree. Best way to have a better idea of the priority of the (many) different subjects at hand.

Return to “"Alpha" games”