City of the Big Shoulders Alpha

Future games in need of testing and feedback
Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on: https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
ggohierroy

City of the Big Shoulders Alpha

Post by ggohierroy »

Hi everyone! I'm pleased to announce that City of the Big Shoulders in now in Alpha and ready for testing!

In City of the Big Shoulders players take on the roles of entrepreneurs and investors seeking to rebuild Chicago into a city fit for the world stage. In this unique merger of 18xx-style stock manipulation mechanics with euro-style gameplay, players start companies, trade in shares, hire employees, equip their factories, produce goods and sell them to be delivered to homes across the Midwest.

This is a big game, and it's amazing!
Venneristimon

Re: City of the Big Shoulders Alpha

Post by Venneristimon »

I kickstarted this game and can attest that it is great. Terrific theme that uses real historical companies. I'd only gotten it to table twice before The Time of Covid, but everyone had a blast. It's not as heavy as a pure 18xx game, which makes it accessible to more people, and has the Euro / worker-placement elements that I love. Wish I could help test, but I'm still working >40 hours a week from home. Highly looking forward to this one!
ggohierroy

Post by ggohierroy »

Hi all!
I've made about 2 dozen commits worth of bug fixes and improvements in the last couple of days. I hope the reviewers on this group can give the game a spin!
- undo capabilities
- stock value always visible
- more tooltips
- slide objects into view when needed

It's rated 8.1 on BGG, check it out -> https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/214 ... -shoulders
Playercharlie

Post by Playercharlie »

Hi,

I'm not sure if this the correct forum for this, or if this is even possible. Please let me know if this breaks any rules!

I am a big fan of this game. I have PNPed it and tried to teach it to my light game loving group (they didn't like it very much, but then again, they don't like games that take longer than 30 mins). I have played 4 games with my PNP set already.

I digress, I would very much love to play and review this game in its alpha version here. Unfortunately, I am very far away from the 500 game requirement for becoming a reviewer. Is it by any means possible to join the alpha testing without having met that requirement?

Again, sorry if I broke a rule by posting here, and not even sure if what I am asking for is feasible. I would appreciate any advice/reply on the same

Thanks!
ggohierroy

Post by ggohierroy »

Absolutely, I'm adding you to the closed alpha :)
Gerald_Cooperberg

Post by Gerald_Cooperberg »

I would love to join this alpha if possible!
MTboardgame

Post by MTboardgame »

Is there a timeframe when we can expect this game to be released? I am really excited about it.
ggohierroy

Post by ggohierroy »

MTboardgame wrote: 27 May 2020, 01:54 Is there a timeframe when we can expect this game to be released? I am really excited about it.
The game is stable right now, the only that's blocking this game from going to beta is the number of reviewers approving the game. That number is 0 right now, and my guess is that it's because the game is not as well known as some other games. Hopefully, we can bring it to beta soon, but it'll depend on that!
ggohierroy

Post by ggohierroy »

CSoulard wrote: 26 May 2020, 20:58 I would love to join this alpha if possible!
Right on!
TrickyPuddles

Post by TrickyPuddles »

I would love to help Alpha test!

Return to “"Alpha" games”