The Crew - Quest for Planet Nine

Future games in need of testing and feedback
Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on: https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Hotshot Ninja

The Crew - Quest for Planet Nine

Post by Hotshot Ninja »

I see this has come up on Alpha - is it not the same game as The Crew (quest for planet nine) which has already appeared on BGA?
el cosimo

Re: The Crew - Quest for Planet Nine

Post by el cosimo »

It is a complete buffing because the dev of original game isn’t active anymore. So the plan is to change the game by this version but need to test again first
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

Exactly as el cosimo explained!
As some changes are not 100% compatible with current version, the migration will need to close temporarily the ongoing old tables, so we need to make sure everything works just fine before. Don't worry, legacy data (ie campaign) are 100% compatible so you won't lost anything.
Aeneas90

Post by Aeneas90 »

Ah. I'll check it out, that endlessly scrolling history is hopefully gone!
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

Aeneas90 wrote: 13 January 2021, 03:12 Ah. I'll check it out, that endlessly scrolling history is hopefully gone!
This was not investigated yet, since this is not a bug, it's 100% normal behavior of BGA framework.
If the log is too long, you can simply stop et resume from where you stopped.
I'll try some stuffs to clean older notifications but this would be some hacky workaround.
57erniepyle

Post by 57erniepyle »

There is still no option for two players, as described in the rules. Noted game reviewer Rahdo likes the two player version better than multiplayer.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

57erniepyle wrote: 28 January 2021, 18:47 There is still no option for two players, as described in the rules. Noted game reviewer Rahdo likes the two player version better than multiplayer.
Indeed, there are not many upvote for this variant yet so it's not worth the dev time IMO at the moment
Shobu

Post by Shobu »

57erniepyle wrote: 28 January 2021, 18:47 There is still no option for two players, as described in the rules. Noted game reviewer Rahdo likes the two player version better than multiplayer.
that's interesting .. gonna check out his review
Always heard the 2p mode was poor...

upvoted! :)
https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=29134&vote
mooken

Post by mooken »

Did not know that upvoting the 2P variant was a thing.

I think one of the complexity with the 2P variant is that there are the official rules in the rulebook (4 suits,all rockets) which are too easy, and the expert variant (3 suits, 2-3-4 rockets only) which is the perfect amt of challenge.

If implemented, I would like to see the expert variant introduced at the same time.
Ludo Dave

Post by Ludo Dave »

I've been playing the current version for a few weeks now.

While we are enjoying the game very much, we were also wishing that there was a display that would show which cards have already been played, something like the table in Hanabi that shows all cards that have been discarded.

I'm guessing that experienced trick-taker players would not see the point of it, but for those of us (like my group) who don't have much experience with trick taking, this would prove very valuable. And then with experience, you could configure the game to not display this table.

Return to “"Alpha" games”