King of Tokyo is in Alpha !

Future games in need of testing and feedback
Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on: https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
thoun

Re: King of Tokyo is in Alpha !

Post by thoun »

Yes, done !
XxKtym

Post by XxKtym »

Hi Thoun,
Could you please add RevilingChidory and aru_tk to the list?
Thanks a lot,
thoun

Post by thoun »

Once you are in the group, you can add them yourself ;)
Yodamd23

Post by Yodamd23 »

Hi Thoun you could add me please
Thanks in advance .
voriki

Post by voriki »

thoun wrote: 23 July 2021, 22:05 Once you are in the group, you can add them yourself ;)
Oh, great. I created an alt account (https://boardgamearena.com/player?id=91115911 named Voriki Alt, will not ever never...not ? use it outside training mode for games, nor play with other users besides myself in training mode)

Because I couldn't invite my alt, I kept playing new games to reach the 50 games player limit to become an official reviewer, but now I could add him to the group and now I can invite my alt to a game.

I just want to fool around, and see if I can "break the system". (I did already found some nice Friend of Children things as I bug-reported).

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/685954 ... -tentacles
I want to test out what Parasitic Tentacles(and Mimic) does to cards with tokens on them, or with Battery Monster. Unless you can already answer those?

In one of my earlier (real) games I had a nice thing going on with Parasitic Tentacles + Alien Metabolism(purchasing cards are 1 energy cheaper) + Mimic(duplicating Alien Metabolism), where I was simply stealing my opponents cards for cheap. And I could sell them with that card whose name I forgot, which you could sell your KEEP cards at full cost again.
thoun

Post by thoun »

Buying from opponent behave the same as if card was discarded and then you buy it, so tokens on it are set according to text on card.
For me you don't ask permission to buy cards to opponent. Else they would often say no and the card would be useless!
voriki

Post by voriki »

thoun wrote: 26 July 2021, 11:03 Buying from opponent behave the same as if card was discarded and then you buy it, so tokens on it are set according to text on card.
Nice, this coincides with what is mentioned here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/208571 ... moke-cloud
This does give me another couple of questions that is not mentioned in the BGG thread.
I have already experienced that if the player sells his card through Metamorph, the Mimic card doesn't work anymore obviously. The tokens on also automatically disappear?
And to check if you've implemented it right, when Mimicking a card like Smoke Cloud, that makes you discard the Keep Card after using the last token, does your Mimic also get discarded once it spent all his fake tokens?
thoun wrote: 26 July 2021, 11:03 For me you don't ask permission to buy cards to opponent. Else they would often say no and the card would be useless!
Ah, yes, I knew that. I never had any doubt about that :)
thoun

Post by thoun »

I think all your questions were asked to the publisher for the game. I've made a synthesis you can find on the game's wiki (you can find it under the game when you play) ;)
sdog

Post by sdog »

Are you going to be implementing the Wicked Track from the Dark Version of King of Tokyo?
thoun

Post by thoun »

Same answer I give for expansions, first we release the base game, we see it's success, and then BGA decides if it's worth it to make it :)
(it looks easier to do than Power Up expansion !)

I also guess publisher will give us authorization if they plan to sell again Dark Edition, as it's currently sold out. If they don't plan it, they will have no real interest to add it on BGA ;)

Return to “"Alpha" games”