Cacao goes Beta

Hot and crispy games just out of the oven
Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on: https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
ExtraPaul

Cacao goes Beta

Post by ExtraPaul »

After several months of "blood, toil, tears and sweat", my first game for BGA is published in Beta : this is Cacao.
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=cacao

The game looks like Carcassonne : we put tiles on the board... but to get and sale cacao fruits.
The game was published in 2015.
It's one of my favorite game, even if I often lose !

37 reviewers gave a rating of 5 stars : I guess I did the job.
But sometimes "the computer is wrong" : you can kindly report issues here https://boardgamearena.com/bugs?game=1240.

Enjoy !
Willi B

Re: Cacao goes Beta

Post by Willi B »

It would be nice to be able to shrink the board... I missed plays.
HugonOkrutny

Post by HugonOkrutny »

I miss to marked lass played tile from opponent in turn based game, like it is in BGA Carcassonne game.
pharmakon

Post by pharmakon »

This worked really amazingly for us and the interface is nicely polished. Thank you for doing it. The only thing we didn't like was that after selecting a tile to play, we couldn't deselect it by clicking on it again. Other than that, we couldn't even see why it was still a beta because it worked so perfectly.
ExtraPaul

Post by ExtraPaul »

Willi B wrote: 24 September 2020, 19:36 It would be nice to be able to shrink the board... I missed plays.
You have two links on the left side to zoom and unzoom the board.
HugonOkrutny wrote: 25 September 2020, 19:58 I miss to marked lass played tile from opponent in turn based game, like it is in BGA Carcassonne game.
This is implemented but not shown after a refrech (reload the game). I must fixe it.
pharmakon wrote: 01 October 2020, 18:23 ...The only thing we didn't like was that after selecting a tile to play, we couldn't deselect it by clicking on it again.
Thank you.
Because you must play a tile, I don't understand why to deselect a tile ? The tile is unselected if you select another.
pharmakon

Post by pharmakon »

ExtraPaul wrote: 04 October 2020, 09:44
pharmakon wrote: 01 October 2020, 18:23 ...The only thing we didn't like was that after selecting a tile to play, we couldn't deselect it by clicking on it again.
Thank you.
Because you must play a tile, I don't understand why to deselect a tile ? The tile is unselected if you select another.
Maybe we didn't try to click on another tile, but none of us could change the tile we had accidentally picked, so we probably did. If this works now, then I'm totally happy with the game.

I would, myself, allow a reclick to deselect a tile anyway, even if it isn't necessary for play. It's at least a visual indication that the tile can be changed. It adds another obvious way to do the same thing: you would either 1) click on another tile, or 2) click on the same tile to deselect it, then click on another tile.

Return to “"Beta" games”