Cribbage is now in BETA

Hot and crispy games just out of the oven
Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on: https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
yoyoyo2020

Re: Cribbage is now in BETA

Post by yoyoyo2020 »

Giordano Bruno 1974 wrote: 07 November 2020, 19:57
MikeIsHere wrote: 07 November 2020, 02:24 If ...
But could we have an opinion for a longer hand timer? That way those "old hands" can just blitz through it but the rest of us can work out why we got 10 points.
Have u tried turn-based to teach? Maybe the scoring will stay until the next move.
sesquiup

Post by sesquiup »

There is a misspelling in the game options. Under the options for "skunking points," one of the options is "1 pt regular, 2 pts skunked, 3 pts double-skunked(loose by 61 or more)."

The word "loose" should be "lose."

Finally, there is an option "Cut for dealer." Please just remove this. I don't need to manually select a random thing. Just run the RNG and select a first player. This is an unnecessary delay. Part of the charm of playing online is that the computer can remove tedium.
sesquiup

Post by sesquiup »

More speedup: when a player has only one card they can play, just have them auto play it. Also, if they can't play, do an auto "Go."
MikeIsHere

Post by MikeIsHere »

Thank you for the misspelling I will fix that

There are auto-go and auto-cut options in the hamburger menu (the three line menu in the upper right hand corner)

As for playing the last card, that is controversial and probably would not do it,
Think of playing the last card in solo, or tock -- at some point you want the player to enjoy playing the game
Giordano Bruno 1974

Post by Giordano Bruno 1974 »

MikeIsHere wrote: 21 November 2020, 22:45 Thank you for the misspelling I will fix that

There are auto-go and auto-cut options in the hamburger menu (the three line menu in the upper right hand corner)

As for playing the last card, that is controversial and probably would not do it,
Think of playing the last card in solo, or tock -- at some point you want the player to enjoy playing the game
I am told that auto-play often leads to players complaining that "their turn was skipped". Another reason to avoid it.
KongKing123

Post by KongKing123 »

sesquiup wrote: 21 November 2020, 16:36 There is a misspelling in the game options. Under the options for "skunking points," one of the options is "1 pt regular, 2 pts skunked, 3 pts double-skunked(loose by 61 or more)."

The word "loose" should be "lose."
For future reference, you can submit these kinds of errors through the translation system (English to English): https://boardgamearena.com/translation? ... find=loose
sesquiup

Post by sesquiup »

MikeIsHere wrote: 21 November 2020, 22:45 There are auto-go and auto-cut options in the hamburger menu (the three line menu in the upper right hand corner)

Thanks for the auto-go and auto-cut options.

As far as the other, I guess it's a matter of taste. I generally only want to interface with the game system when I have a decision to make.
MikeIsHere

Post by MikeIsHere »

KongKing123 wrote: 22 November 2020, 01:50
For future reference, you can submit these kinds of errors through the translation system (English to English): https://boardgamearena.com/translation? ... find=loose
For future reference ... this one will be fixed on the next build
asutbone

Post by asutbone »

Love Cribbage, and am looking forward to trying it out. One thing: unless you're planning on doing a three-player option, I'd suggest finding a representative image that only has two tracks instead of three. Personally, I don't like 3-player Cribbage, but I know there are those that do, and it might be confusing to think they can play a three-player game when they can't.
MikeIsHere

Post by MikeIsHere »

They image was provided by BGA... They rejected the image of the cribbage board I use at home. If you would like to submit an image that would be a great contribution

Return to “"Beta" games”