Is updated FAQ rules is implemented on BGA ?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Imay

Re: Is updated FAQ rules is implemented on BGA ?

Post by Imay »

diamant, flolem only pointed out new aclarations about the rules made and published by the designers. So nothing "unknown"... it is how the designer decided to clarify the unclear parts of the rules. Before questionning validity, you should have look at the link sent by flolem...

BGA was implemented before this update. Now those clarified rules should be ideally reflected in BGA in order to play the game as intended by the designer.

I hope Mistergos will do it soon, and i really thanks him in advance for that !
diamant

Post by diamant »

Imay wrote: 23 June 2020, 00:34diamant, flolem only pointed out new aclarations about the rules made and published by the designers. So nothing "unknown"... it is how the designer decided to clarify the unclear parts of the rules. Before questionning validity, you should have look at the link sent by flolem...
I wonder if you’ve read my first message from this thread, since you’re advising me to consult a document that I’m quoting from.

The fact that a document is not signed does not mean that it is good to throw away: it is enough that it is attached to a document signed by a person making authoritative on the subject.
I don’t have any say in the rules, but I can still point out the poorly written or incomplete passages, the inconsistencies.
Imay

Post by Imay »

diamant wrote: 21 June 2020, 18:23
flolem wrote: 21 June 2020, 16:01The rules are from the designer and the editor... so yes the implementation on BGA should respect these.
Since this complementary document is not signed, you cannot claim that it was produced or validated by this or that person.
i maybe misunderstood your points, but I was refering to this.

Anyway, the new rules aclaration should be implemented in BGA now. :)
agodd

Post by agodd »

We really need 3 critical rules improvements to have a "near-perfect" game:

1) After suffering a LoC during a Flat Out you cannot avoid any LoC by repositioning your dice. (last autor's FAQ)

2) Wrong turn order in some tiles (BGA critical bug)

3) In "Solo mode" finishing a turn in "00" will add 0':30" time inststead of 1':30" (last autor's FAQ)

Will some developer help Rallyman-GT Comunity, please?

Thank you very much to all!
agodd

Post by agodd »

Great job by Mistergos who has implemented many rules and fixed some bugs!! :)

- You can no more avoid LOC by repositionig dice (critical bug fixed)
- Some wrong turn order tiles fixed (critical bug fixed)
- No more games blocked when a player quit the game during Yellow Flag
- Fixed dice replacement during yellow Flag

Just Solo time for 00 gear has to be implemented now! (0':30" instead of 2':00")

Thank you Mistergos! :) :)
pabula

Post by pabula »

I think I found 3 bugs here on BGA.
1) During going flat out and having 3 /!\ symbols - you can avoid loosing a control of the car if one of the /!\ marks is from the track and not die.
After repositioning of dice and skipping the /!\ area you are allowed to play without LoC, which is wrong.
Edit: this has been changed now...
2) From FAQ and Errata Rules (page 6): (https://box.bestpractice-publishing.com ... 84f34b4d1/)
How do two double width lanes interact together? Especially when one is a corner?
Despite their size, a double width zone remains one single zone and are subject to all the normal rules considering movement and restrictions.
In this particular case, a car can move from one double width zone to the other. However, they would suffer an automatic /!\ due to the corner restriction. And you have pictures on this page showing a restrictions only on half of the double size space.
In this particular case, a car can move from one double width zone to the other. However, theyw be limited by the 1 speed restriction.
BGA does not implement that rule.
example:
Table #103775993
Move #371
3) some of the corners are still not causing skipping the turn due to speed limit and the car with a higher gear on a next space. Moving in such case will force you to LoC, which is now officially a blocked situation. example (move 221): https://boardgamearena.com/1/rallymangt?table=103343901
pabula

Post by pabula »

This rules should be applied on BGA:
flolem

Post by flolem »

UP !!

please vote for the bug: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=19812&vote

The image Pabula posted is on Fuji Track (but the arrow should be in the opposite direction)

But the two red arrows is where the updated rules (as per the faq) are not implemented.
Red arrow (top): the limit should be 1
red arrow (botton): a warning should be applied.
pabula

Post by pabula »

it's November...
can we at least know if developer knows about this bug?
I tend to play according to rules and this one seems to be left here on BGA...

Return to “Rallyman: GT”