Vote for change in Arena configuration

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs

What change would you like to see ?

Race with GT5
12%
Race with GT6
3%
Race with Random GT
13%
4 players per game
14%
3 players per game
8%
Random Weather
18%
1 lap, long track
7%
2 laps, medium track
16%
2 laps, short track
3%
3 laps, short track
6%

Total votes: 198

flolem

Vote for change in Arena configuration

Post by flolem »

A little late but as asked by the admin here: https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewto ... 45&t=16560

a quick poll to know if you would like to have some change for the arena mode.

You can vote for 5 options.
I am limited to 10 options in the poll.

Personally, I would prefer that each Arena season have some change.
My preference goes to alternate between GT5 and GT6
Alternate also between long track and medium track (but 2 laps)
Random weather all the time (I don't know why it is sunny in arena... kind of boring)

I would prefer 4 players too but I understand that 3 players take less time.
Heezdad

Re: Vote for change in Arena configuration

Post by Heezdad »

Thanks, never played Arena. Is the trach selection not just random. That would be my preference
compte obelète

Post by compte obelète »

There is just the players number it isn’t a choice (what i want), 2 players (feel more straightforward for competions) because it would make sense to a competitive quite fast and more easier to find 1 player than 2 players.
compte obelète

Post by compte obelète »

Heezdad wrote: 28 December 2020, 18:18 Thanks, never played Arena. Is the trach selection not just random. That would be my preference
Arena mode is a competitive mode, telling that most of the settings should be same for everyone. While gt5 and gt6 could provide competition feeling, gt4 isn’t very good for competition (except maybe a strict 2 lanes track that only orange and red lights are indicated, could have damage at 4 all the time and in red’s parts if it 3) or maybe one day, provide three different groups (gt6 arena (3 lanes only), gt5 arena (3 lanes whit a 2 lanes part) and gt4 arena (2 lanes only) )
flolem

Post by flolem »

We need an admin to see this forum. I sent a message to @Sourisdudesert but not sure he saw it...
There is just the players number it isn’t a choice (what i want), 2 players (feel more straightforward for competions) because it would make sense to a competitive quite fast and more easier to find 1 player than 2 players.
mhhh, I don'T find 2 players competitive... generally, the luckiest one is the winner. And for a racing game, kind of boring 2 players.

But I agree playing at 4 players instead of 3 will increase the time to play.

Right now, there is a battle between stay in GT5 and play random GT... I agree that I would prefer random between GT5 and GT6 and not gt4 ahah.

Most of the people want 2 laps in a medium track. The only thing is: I don't know how many medium are available (15 to 21 tiles)
compte obelète

Post by compte obelète »

flolem wrote: 02 January 2021, 06:12 We need an admin to see this forum. I sent a message to @Sourisdudesert but not sure he saw it...
mhhh, I don'T find 2 players competitive... generally, the luckiest one is the winner. And for a racing game, kind of boring 2 players.

Right now, there is a battle between stay in GT5 and play random GT... I agree that I would prefer random between GT5 and GT6 and not gt4 ahah.

Most of the people want 2 laps in a medium track. The only thing is: I don't know how many medium are available (15 to 21 tiles)
If you want to know (random gt) option include all get options, didn’t see a gt4 arena though, but the random could give you gt4, just to notice. But anyway, it’s rare that gt4 get selected in random.
compte obelète

Post by compte obelète »

TheClaudeQc wrote: 06 January 2021, 10:53
flolem wrote: 02 January 2021, 06:12 We need an admin to see this forum. I sent a message to @Sourisdudesert but not sure he saw it...

If you want to know (random gt) option include all get options, didn’t see a gt4 arena though, but the random could give you gt4, just to notice. But anyway, it’s rare that gt4 get selected in random.
Just to confirm, here one game in gt4
https://boardgamearena.com/9/rallymangt?table=137051537

Return to “Rallyman: GT”