Vote for new arena configuration

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs

What change would you like to see ?

Poll ended at 03 July 2021, 21:44

1a: Race only with GT5
7%
1b: Race only with GT6
2%
1c: Continue with random car
23%
2a: 3 players per game
4%
2b: continue with 4 players per game
23%
2c: 2 players per game
5%
3a: Long track, 1 lap
9%
3b: medium track, 1 lap
No votes
3c: stay with medium track, 2 laps
20%
3d: full random track 1 lap
7%

Total votes: 82

flolem

Vote for new arena configuration

Post by flolem »

It has been two season without change and i think it is time to some change.
I created a poll because we need to show the result of the poll to the admin for a change.

The number of people playing rallyman GT in arena decreased a lot... and we are under 50 in Elite this season so far.

I don't talk about the time to set up a table which is very long.

First two season was:
GT5, 3 players, long track, sunny, 1 lap

After this poll (in december), the rules changed to:
Random weather, random GT, medium track, 2 laps, 4 players

For me, it is maybe a more competitive setting BUT, at this time, new Tournament v2 was not here as I remember. Now there are plenty of tournaments where we can play with specific setting.

Right now, I don't have too much fun in Arena for rallyman. I continued this season to reach elite but it was not easy:
I hate most of the medium track now because of way too many blocking space (the leader for this is the ultimate boring corebox-track7)

I like having random GT even if many complain about gt4. 4 players is better then 3 players for me. Random weather is a mandatory option.
Playing in arena should be faster, faster to find table and to play the game. I don't have the stats but most of the game and turn based because of this.

My good combination I think would be to go back to Long track 1 lap, 4 players, random GT and off course keep the random weather.

3 choices per user in the poll. Off course, select only one of 1, 2 and 3. Please comment your choice here too
Irather Nottell

Re: Vote for new arena configuration

Post by Irather Nottell »

I think the player count at 4 is what makes it hard to get live games, but I prefer 4 people to 3. The length of the race, once it begins is mostly irrelevant I suspect.

So, in my mind, I would like to see the races default to 6 player and allow players to agree to 3, 4, or 5 players in options. I prefer longer races to minimize chances of 3 or 4 lucky flat-out to start giving someone the needed focus to lead rest of way easily. Maybe can have a track randomly picked, and base laps on length? 1 for long, 2 for medium, 3 for short?
rdf240

Post by rdf240 »

I think I'd like to see an end to what feels like the dominance of 2 lane tracks! Most of my arena races seem to be on these.
I don't mind GT5 or 6, (preference to GT5 just because it makes it possible to avoid flying starts which can wreck your race)
I think GT4 is less interesting.
compte obelète

Post by compte obelète »

rdf240 wrote: 09 June 2021, 14:04 I think GT4 is less interesting.
Yeah, it's not interesting, worser in 3 lanes start line (since only orange tiles can have damage (you need to be at maximum gear to get one damage). But gt4 in two lines, make it more intersting (as red parts are there to maybe create a mess whit a crash at 4th gear, and maybe some damages in gear 3)
rdf240 wrote: 09 June 2021, 14:04 (preference to GT5 just because it makes it possible to avoid flying starts which can wreck your race)
Well, i feel that we drive way too much dangerous in gt5 whit the green dice (1-3+green-4-5-white-white-2+red+red (can be fully made whit rain tire on rain or asphalt tires on sun))

As gt6, it make it both interesting as gt5 and harder control as gt4 (no green dices)

But if there a special F1 type of cars, then, maybe why not this, (fluidity of gt5 whit dangers of gt6)
Irather Nottell wrote: 09 June 2021, 00:02 1 for long, 2 for medium, 3 for short?
Well, 2 for medium could be good, sometimes 3 if a short-medium, but 1 for all longs, there's smaller longs that whit 1 lap, it feel way too much straight foward, so smallest longs could have 2. and short, 3 for longer-shorts ones and 4 for shorter-shorts ones.
Irather Nottell wrote: 09 June 2021, 00:02 I think the player count at 4 is what makes it hard to get live games, but I prefer 4 people to 3. The length of the race, once it begins is mostly irrelevant I suspect.
Well, 3 can bring easy problems if the two others are friends togetter. (possiblilities of KM can be high in 3), 4 can be a bit long, 2 make it more easier to have a fight (as you have only one opponent and there's not others car perturebing the lines). 5 start to be a bit too much and 6, way too much.

As my opinion:
A random gt can make it sometimes weird, but i have engought of always gting at 5 in arena. and the medium, 2 laps is a solid choice (shorter than longs, but allow a 2 laps game). ((if 2 players only get in) We could make 3 laps on long 5 laps on medium and 8 laps on shorts, as it have pretty short amount of wait per player)
flolem

Post by flolem »

So everyone seems to be happy with the current system... OR only the one happy are voting ?
Not sure many people see this poll .. and most people don't play arena anymore but tournaments... for me, it is a sign of change
Yodamd23

Post by Yodamd23 »

Personally I think you have to keep the types of Gt random because each race is different.
Then the 2 player duels could be interesting and the best in arena will have a lot more points (which maybe allow more people in arena). Finally a long circuit in one lap and much better than average circuits in 2 laps which are also boring after a while
Yodamd23

Post by Yodamd23 »

Also last season I played the elite but this season I only made three games because these circuits bored me more and more, that's why I would like a change next season.
compte obelète

Post by compte obelète »

Yodamd23 wrote: 30 June 2021, 12:45 Finally a long circuit in one lap and much better...
I don't think the same, as 1 lap make it too easy to get 1st and keep it, while more laps allow more variation, since the 1st place need to be an exellent player, that need extremly insane thinking. And i think like a short 4 laps could make it hard to remember everything, since more laps=more move to think.

Like, 1 lap in a real race (not training ones) don't make any sence, as it make evidence who win.
Yodamd23 wrote: 30 June 2021, 12:45 Then the 2 player duels could be interesting and the best in arena will have a lot more points (which maybe allow more people in arena).
I also thinked the same here as i said "2 make it more easier to have a fight (as you have only one opponent and there's not others car perturebing the lines)"
flolem

Post by flolem »

There are the people thaht want to be able to play live and not turn based.
For them, we need to keep 1 lap...

And the other, more competitive who wants 2 laps... and maybe the solution would be to have Total random track - 3 lanes - 2 laps ?

The most complain I heard and I have the same is about the medium track... there are not a lot of them and most of them are 2 lanes... and have a lot of blocking section.

Return to “Rallyman: GT”