BGA implementation of Solo Automa

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
KlausNY

BGA implementation of Solo Automa

Post by KlausNY »

I was excited to see that Teotihuacan (which I have never played) was coming to BGA because there is a solo (automa) variant, but was disappointed that no solo mode was implemented. Is there an issue with programming automa opponents on BGA or is it a choice of the publisher?
Is it possible to add an automa?

I really enjoy the solo variants of Clans of Caledonia and La Granja, they are very well done. They allow me to learn a game, to practice and to enjoy the game play without dealing with the zero sum nature of live opponents. I noticed on BGG that many highly rated new games have solo variants. Solo play on BGA is a variable I use to decide which new games to learn, teach and buy.
Hetfield72

Re: BGA implementation of Solo Automa

Post by Hetfield72 »

I would also love to see the solo rules implemented for the game. With that said, this game does have some fairly complex solo rules involving the action choice pyramid and a range of conditions for each action. In a way I could see that being easier since they are written in an almost computer-program like style, but there is a good bit of additional overhead.

I'm hoping that the solo features will be added though as it is a fun way to play and BGA would make it less fiddly to perform the actions of the solo player.
marknewlyn

Post by marknewlyn »

I have no idea about the technical difficulty but I'd also vote for some solo modes, there are some games I just don't play because I don't know them well enough to even try against live opponents or I know I might not finish the time. In my mind, there would be no penalty to playing solo modes if you don't finish or against a few automa.
Yaniv

Post by Yaniv »

Would love to play solo +1
Meat Shield

Post by Meat Shield »

..and me!
mirion123

Post by mirion123 »

Yes for a solo mode