Setable teams

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Sabbie

Setable teams

Post by Sabbie »

Hi,

Will we be able to set teams in the future?
quietmint

Re: Setable teams

Post by quietmint »

Hmm, I had not thought of this. How do you propose it should work? Choosing teams needs to be the first step, before anything else. So at the start of the game we could ...
  • Ask everyone to choose a teammate simultaneously. If everyone agrees, we go with those teams. If no agreement, we assign the teams randomly.
  • Or, ask the first player to choose a teammate.
  • Or, ask the second player to choose a teammate.
Other ideas? I think the first approach sounds best to me because we could always do "choose a teammate" as the first step, with 4 buttons: player 1, player 2, player 3, no preference -- then you could just click "no preference" to get the current behavior.
coolfire

Post by coolfire »

fixed team is a good idea.
I think default option could be random, and The first gamer could assign her/his partner.
compte obelète

Post by compte obelète »

Don't let that happen, in toc, somebody create unfairs teams, 0 and 1-99 vs 2 200
Sabbie

Post by Sabbie »

I thought this could happen the same way as it works at Belote: when the admin creates the table he can set the teams, choosing from the followings:

- Random
- By table order (1st/2nd vs. 3rd/4th)
- By table order (1st/3rd vs. 2nd/4th)
- By table order (1st/4th vs. 2nd/3rd)

@TheClaudeQc, since everyone could already see the table settings even before they would join, it would be just up to them whether to go with these settings or not. ;) If they dont like that there are already settled teams, they could just choose another table or create a new one of their liking. :) There are already settable teams at other games as well such as Briscola, Coinche or as you also said at Tock - and imo they work well. ^^ In addition: like this it would be also possible to make small TEAM championships - which BGA still doesnt really support in their tournament system - between friends. :)
quietmint

Post by quietmint »

Sabbie wrote: 14 July 2020, 18:27 - By table order (1st/2nd vs. 3rd/4th)
- By table order (1st/3rd vs. 2nd/4th)
- By table order (1st/4th vs. 2nd/3rd)
Hmm I thought the order was randomized by BGA before we got the list or players... I'll have to check how Belote is working.
quietmint

Post by quietmint »

Implemented as a game option in version 200815-2256.
Sabbie

Post by Sabbie »

Thanks for the implement! :) Already tried it out and great to having it! :D The game itself looks sooooo stunning and amazing btw ;) Ty for bringing it to BGA :)

Return to “Santorini”