"panning" the view

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Proclivitas

"panning" the view

Post by Proclivitas »

Hi,

I can rotate and zoom the view, but I want to be able to "pan" the view - move it up and down.

For me, the field of play is very low vertically. I want to have it "higher on the screen" so I want to "fly down" with the camera. Currently, this is not possible. I can just rotate.

Can you please make more camera controls? Not just rotate and zoom, but also pan (to some extent)?
Tisaac

Re: "panning" the view

Post by Tisaac »

Can you attach a screenshot to explain why you think it is low ?
Proclivitas

Post by Proclivitas »

The white arrow shows where I wish the board would be. Just "higher" on the screen.

Right now it's too low, so when you go to a more "top-down" view it's so low that it even hides the letters at the bottom... And there's plenty of "sky" above where it could be.

Being able to pan the camera would solve this.
screen3.jpg
screen3.jpg (221.19 KiB) Viewed 1097 times
screen2.jpg
screen2.jpg (238.01 KiB) Viewed 1097 times
quietmint

Post by quietmint »

Understood. The problem here isn't with the 3D scene or the camera, instead it is related to how the 3D scene is positioned on the web page. Because we use "fixed" positioning, the 3D scene doesn't move if you scroll the page. That extra blue sky you see at the top isn't actually part of the 3D scene, it's the web page background.

I believe we can remove "fixed" positioning to correct this problem. It was needed previously to make the game mobile friendly, but due to some other improvements I think it is no longer required. We'll investigate and provide an update here.
Proclivitas

Post by Proclivitas »

Yes, I think this is correct.

I did some "selecting" and the Web-GL (webassembly? not sure what the language is) container has a lot of empty space on top and is "pushed down" from the top bar by some space.

If that space were removed so that the "3d space" sits flush with the top bar, I think it would probably be just about perfectly positioned.
quietmint

Post by quietmint »

Version 200830-2310: Fixed!

Return to “Santorini”