Tiebreaker for Tournament Games?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Erik Arneson

Tiebreaker for Tournament Games?

Post by Erik Arneson » 13 October 2020, 23:34

There's no tiebreaker in Kingdom Builder, but obviously there is in single-elimination tournaments... Does anyone know what tiebreaker is used? Thanks!

CB Droege

Re: Tiebreaker for Tournament Games?

Post by CB Droege » 14 October 2020, 11:48

least thinking time. A bit arbitrary when playing turn-based tourneys, but there it is anyway.

CaKtus

Post by CaKtus » 14 October 2020, 16:14

Good to know but not very satisfying.

I would prefer ( in this order if not possible):
1 - a rematch with the first player going second,
2 - giving qualification to the one who started second (not fair if the Lords card is on play, but nothing is perfect),
3- giving qualification to the one with the smallest elo ranking.

CB Droege

Post by CB Droege » 15 October 2020, 11:27

This is actually part of the tourney system, rather than part of Kingdom builder. If Kingdom Builder rules had a tie-breaker built in, BGA would use it, but since it doesn't it allows normal games to remain tied. However this isn't good for an elimination tourney. Any BGA game which ends in a tie by the rules is broken by time in the tourney.

Honestly, I don't like it either, especially because I only play turn-based, and losing by thinking time is basically time-zone luck. But this is an aspect of BGA tourneys that would have to be changed.

They've talked about overhauling the tourney system at some point in the future, maybe this is something that will also get attention.

Personally, I'm much more interested in being able to set up tourneys for games with more than two-players per match. :O

CaKtus

Post by CaKtus » 19 October 2020, 11:08

We have been talking about this issue...

Why am I eliminated here ?

https://imgur.com/a/JeuRqHs

I clearly have more time left

Return to “Kingdom Builder”