First player advantage

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
BraTac

First player advantage

Post by BraTac » 11 May 2021, 16:05

Hi,

I've got the "feeling" that first player has a strong advantage on this game. Do you have stats on that ?

Schneeente

Re: First player advantage

Post by Schneeente » 12 June 2021, 23:35

if you have statistics, you need to distinguish:

how often did player 1 win if there was no lord

how often did player 1 win if there was a lord

Calmon70

Post by Calmon70 » 03 July 2021, 11:40

First player advanatage is way bigger than Lord advantage. I'm pretty sure the data is in favour of first player in any combination (including lords).

Cos-

Post by Cos- » 19 July 2021, 17:14

What do you think gives the first player a strong advantage?

I have noticed that in games with 5+ players, sometimes the first few players take the best special tiles, so if you're 4th or later, you may be at a significant disadvantage in that case. This doesn't seem to be the case in 3 player games and usually not in 4 player either. And even in games with 5+ players, the 2nd and 3rd players still usually have their choice of first tile about as much as the first player does (for all of them, it depends on the luck of their first card draw).

But I'm curious what would cause a special advantage to the first player in particular, and regardless of how many players are in the game. Can you say more?

Return to “Kingdom Builder”