Running Score is not accurate enough.

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Jarcher

Running Score is not accurate enough.

Post by Jarcher »

First let me say I love almost everything that has been implemented in the BGA version of Duel. There is one flaw I see that really needs to be corrected. The running VP total does not reflect things such as VPs that will be allotted for gold or military points and I think a few of the other cards such as guilds. Perhaps this post should have been put in the bugs section but it's more of an enhancement request than a bug report I think.

Thanks again for providing Duel. Please consider making the running score total enhancement.
Tisaac

Re: Running Score is not accurate enough.

Post by Tisaac »

Jarcher wrote: 06 October 2020, 14:59 First let me say I love almost everything that has been implemented in the BGA version of Duel. There is one flaw I see that really needs to be corrected. The running VP total does not reflect things such as VPs that will be allotted for gold or military points and I think a few of the other cards such as guilds. Perhaps this post should have been put in the bugs section but it's more of an enhancement request than a bug report I think.

Thanks again for providing Duel. Please consider making the running score total enhancement.
I disagree, only the scored point should be taken into account. It would be really weird to see your score going up and down depending on how much money left you have.
Jarcher

Post by Jarcher »

Tissac, I guess we will politely disagree on this one. Be interesting to see what others think. Here is my reasoning. One of the joys/advantages of playing games on-line is that they figure things out for you (so you don't have to). In Duel, for instance, they tell you the cost of each card. Makes it easy. You can concentrate on strategy. I play Lost Cities a lot. In the actual card game, you are never really sure where you stand with your opponent. One mistake and it can cost you the game. Having the running score lets you know exactly where you are on those last few critical plays.

In the BGA implementation of Duel, the score can be quite deceiving depending on the military, gold, and guild-like points. That's why I was making the suggestion. I have come to realize that when I play that I must add several other factors into the scores to determine who is really ahead and by how much. I guess my vote would be for the score to be more accurate even though it might drop by military, gold, or another more rare action.
If enough people request that it be done, then BGA will probably do it. I can live with it either way.

Jarcher
FunKyMonx

Post by FunKyMonx »

I agree with the first opinion on this subject. At first i didn't even understand what the score tallied and what not. So for beginners it is better to count everything. And for experienced players this is also better because they understand that the score can fluctuate in this game. It is also the charm of this game. When i am calculating my best move i am helped by a running score that counts everything. Now i have to count military and guilds up myself. Aren't computers built for taking away these abundant tasks? In my opinion it is the same for calculating the costs of each cards. The computer does the work so the player can make an informed decision. And lastly: what does the score without military and guilds even say?
FunKyMonx

Post by FunKyMonx »

Gave it some thought and considering the different opinions a way forward could be to split and show both a fixed and variable score. The fixed score consists of all the card values that cannot be changed in any way. This also includes some guild cards. For example the one that count resource cards. The other ones are includes in the variable part. And maybe money should even be a third category since it fluctuates even more. Any ideas on how this split can be implemented and how it should look like?
BakTiry

Post by BakTiry »

hey guys
on "7 Wonders", the victory points given by gold is changing.
Because all players start with 3 gold coins so everyone start with 1 victory point.
if you use 1 coin, you go down to 2 gold coins so 0 victory point

after for guild or military victory points, i need to check if it is counted

I agree on the fact that if accurate score would be shown, we could focus more on which move to do next
KongKing123

Post by KongKing123 »

I would also like to see this.

There is a suggestion which can be voted for: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=24999

Return to “7 Wonders Duel”