Loading the game log

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Fried Egg

Loading the game log

Post by Fried Egg » 10 November 2020, 15:56

I've had a game going for a while and we're up to mission 32 but going back into the game and loading up the entire game log since the first mission is taking a ridiculous amount of time!

Sure, you don't have to wait for the game log to finish loading before you can play but usually you want to see what just happened before deciding what to play next. But surely it makes no sense to load up the entire log since the beginning? At most I want to see the current round and maybe the previous. I'm on mission 32, I don't need to see what happened on mission 3.

Can the behaviour of the game log not be changed for this game? Or at least change the default behaviour, making it possible to load up the entire game log if really desired?

Captain Gidsen

Re: Loading the game log

Post by Captain Gidsen » 11 November 2020, 14:59

I'd like to second that. Loading the log for all the past missions seems unnecessary to me. On my machine, it's clogging up the browser and I have to wait until fully loaded before I can play my card.

tvar1

Post by tvar1 » 19 November 2020, 19:54

I agree, it's bad.

You can thumbs up this bug over here to get more attention to this issue:
https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=24727

do10hedron

Post by do10hedron » 20 November 2020, 17:50

I came here to post the same. It's a little off for the rules but it would be nice if there was a "cards played" log somewhere in the UI rather than having to refer to the log for that information. The log is a great source for that info but also tough to peruse. In particular, this would be nice for asynchronous games due to the potential longer gap between game turns. A real time game is a little easier to adhere to the "remember everything but the last trick" rule.

waxbottle

Post by waxbottle » 22 November 2020, 20:38

My phone browser will sometimes crash when loading the game history.

twenty9oh7

Post by twenty9oh7 » 24 November 2020, 05:37

Once the game log starts being a pain, my group has started voting against moving to the next mission after winning a round. Then we open up a new game and start at the mission we would have gone to. It's a pain, but it beats having your phone browser crash!

Return to “The Crew: The Quest for Planet Nine”