First thoughs about strategy

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Romain672

First thoughs about strategy

Post by Romain672 »

Hi world.

I would like to talk about a first grasp about strategy of the game.
It's mainly to open discussion.

Every tips should be true most of the time. I don't care about the <5% of cases where it's false.
It's because you first want to have some strong logical (or conventionnal) tips to work with, and only after, have some specific logical (or conventionnal) tips to take into account the exceptions or to optimise.

If you don't state it otherwise, sssume we are in a mission with ~8 tasks, and no order in tasks.
Romain672

Re: First thoughs about strategy

Post by Romain672 »

I would like to talk first about emergency situations.
Everyone took their tasks, and you absolutely don't want the team to start in a specific color.

These emergency situations seems to be:
1°) you have a 9 alone
2°) you have a 8 alone (assuming the lead with 7 seems can be fine)
3°) you have 8 and 9 alone
4°) you have a single card which is required in a task alone
5°) you only have tasks cards

For these situations, it seems to be there is two differents possibilities:
a] either you tell somehow to the team something is not right with you (the most simple: you give an hint on that color);
b] or either for 2°) and 4°), you pay attention to how the task of that color was gotten. If you believe this has been taken by the person who hold the 9 (like a choice of 9 task, or two small choices taken early), you could remain silent;

For a] the most simple hint to tell there is a problem on that color. But then your teammates should want to know where suit you have lots of cards. So giving a hint on another color could be great.
Do you agree? Do you see another (good) interpretation?
For b] it should depend of how much value would have to keep your hints for later. Like if there is another problem with your hand, it increase a lot the value of not wasting your hint for that.

Return to “The Crew: The Quest for Planet Nine”