what can we say at Bandido

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
ccciolll

what can we say at Bandido

Post by ccciolll »

Hello,
the rule does say nothing about what we can say together when playing.
I played twice and loose twice, the second game we had very bad cards.
Do we have right to tell like « leave me the right » « i have a U » or things like that ?
ccciolll

Re: what can we say at Bandido

Post by ccciolll »

I just play my 3rd, this time i have discut much with the player and we made a SPLENDID win.
So i dont know if it is really fair.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

I've played 7 and won 4. I'm pretty sure my first 3 losses were my first 3 games.

You learn some good tactics after just a few games, so these first games you tend to blame the card draw because you feel like you haven't done anything particularly wrong. It's human nature to curse your luck. ;)

Mostly nothing is said and I don't know where I got the idea, but we've decided to not to ever say exactly which kind of card we have, but we do sometimes say something like - I've got the top-right area covered. In hind sight I think it would be best if we changed it to nothing being ever said.
nccc

Post by nccc »

well isnt saying what we have FORBIDDEN?
if u can say everything then its not the game i think.
ufm

Post by ufm »

nccc wrote: 19 November 2020, 03:50 well isnt saying what we have FORBIDDEN?
if u can say everything then its not the game i think.
Why not? Chatting is forbidden for some coop games, but not for ALL coop games. (ex> Pandemic, Arkham Horror, etc.)
For games in BGA... Chatting in Hanabi or Yokai will break the game, but it is not the case for Forbidden Island.
And Hanabi and Yokai both explicitly forbid in-game chatting. Bandido does not, so chatting is allowed.
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

url=https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/203546/rules-bandido-english wrote:"Since Bandido is a cooperative game, players should discuss the best way to proceed, but beware, you’re not allowed to show your cards to the other players directly."
ccciolll

Post by ccciolll »

Okay,
what we said was just things like « leave me the bottom right », it seems to be OK with the rule.
but maybe the game would be more fun with saying nothing. It is a choice…
MoiMagnus

Post by MoiMagnus »

N_Faker wrote: 19 November 2020, 10:12
url=https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/203546/rules-bandido-english wrote:"Since Bandido is a cooperative game, players should discuss the best way to proceed, but beware, you’re not allowed to show your cards to the other players directly."
Describing in details the cards you have in hand, or saying stuff like "I have one cul-de-sac in hand" or "I have a 3-exit card that I can put exactly here", is not the same "showing your cards".

Plenty of games exists where you can freely talk about your hand, but cannot show them. Though I have to admit most of them are competitive or semi-cooperative rather than cooperative. In coop games, this restriction exist when the designers though "We want to prevent the clever guy from easily playing for everyone just by taking a glance at every hand and say 'you do that, he does that, then I do that, then you do that, then he does that and we win', but we still want peoples to be able to plan together what they will do by freely sharing all their informations."
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

MoiMagnus wrote: 25 November 2020, 12:23
Describing in details the cards you have in hand, or saying stuff like "I have one cul-de-sac in hand" or "I have a 3-exit card that I can put exactly here", is not the same "showing your cards".
There is no need to describe your cards, to what purpose? Each player should be making their own logical deductions.

You only need to say things like 'I have the left side covered'.
AtrusThot

Post by AtrusThot »

This game needs a confirmation button !
Games are lost because of a misclick, it's so unnerving !
https://boardgamearena.com/table?table=137423020
Just look at this, being unable to correct it is a hell !

Return to “Bandido”