Game didnt load --> Penalty (late + quit)

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Slump

Re: Game didnt load --> Penalty (late + quit)

Post by Slump » 07 June 2020, 23:48

Any response on this from an admin at all? Or anyone able to explain what the issue is/was?

Nechevo

Post by Nechevo » 08 June 2020, 01:34

I am having the same problem being unable to properly load the site in Firefox. I cleared my cache as it suggested and it worked once then gave me the same error. The only way around it I found was to use Chrome instead.

Shippolito

Post by Shippolito » 08 June 2020, 16:06

Hi guys,
I guess that admins & devs already have many things on their respective to do lists. They have to put priorities and the way it is setup is pretty simple: bug reports with the highest number of votes will be treated first.
So in my opinion, the best thing we can do is to upvote the bug report I made https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=18247 and hope that BGA will be able to dedicate resources to fix it :)

Shippolito

Post by Shippolito » 21 June 2020, 17:01

Hi guys,
Just to let you know that the same issue happened to me again today.
- There was no technical issue from BGA side according to the automated message I got
- My connection was working well (the game didn't load here but I tried to go on some other websites and everything was working fine)
- The tools shared by sourisdudesert didn't find any issue with my computer
- I was playing earlier today from the same computer and everything was working well.

This kind of issue is clearly not good for me and obviously not for the other players that were supposed to play with me. I hope that you'll be able to reproduce the bug and fix it :)
Last edited by Shippolito on 22 June 2020, 08:12, edited 1 time in total.

TheClaudeQc

Post by TheClaudeQc » 22 June 2020, 00:49

Well something odd happened to me in a "solo" game.

Jonathan was really out of time and somewhat, 8 out of 10 was kicked from the game, only me and a another player after it.

And, I already reported that bug.

https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=16707

And no devs. Actually achieved reproducing that bug.

RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix » 22 June 2020, 08:29

This seems odd, that games are starting without any kind of confirmation from the player? This sounds like the biggest problem.

I would have thought it would be best to not punish a person if they have not played a move - seems obvious, but then there are games that may reveal a starting position and then players may quit knowing they have no penalty. So it would seem best to bring it back to the point where the game should start with confirmation only, essentially the first move of the game.

I don't play Arena, but if these are arena games, then maybe there should still be a confirmation of game screen start even without knowing the opponents.

LaxDman

Post by LaxDman » 29 June 2020, 02:01

I had the same thing happen to me today. In a 2-player game of Through the Ages, my page didn't load quickly enough, and I hastily typed "Sorry, playing as fast as I can" in the chat box, but as soon as I went over the time limit (for the very first time in the game), the other player expelled me and I took a 20-point karma hit. That's ridiculous, especially for a heavier game and considering I had been playing very quickly up until that point. I feel that some players do this on purpose to get easy wins in games that they might end up losing, so that their precious rankings don't go down. (I had been winning the game about 1/3 way through.)

I noticed that the other player has quite a high ranking but ZERO friends on BGA. Play nice, allow for a little extra time now and then, and don't be a @#$%. Maybe you'll make more friends that way.

Return to “Discussions”