[FR/EN] MODERATION, reports, behaviors and manners.

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Ndovad

Re: [FR/EN] MODERATION, reports, behaviors and manners.

Post by Ndovad »

sprockitz wrote: 04 August 2020, 18:11
psrv wrote: 03 August 2020, 22:12
aesche wrote: 03 August 2020, 11:50

There are many such incidents and „non-actions“ from mods. The conclusions are that the current practice is useless, nobody cares, and many leaderboards and final standings are rigged by cheaters, so any competitive ambitions are pointless.
That's unfortunate. I thought this was a very clear case of cheating and at a minimum the offending player should have the Arena title taken away from them. But apparently the moderators thought that a slap on the wrist was just fine.
unfortunately this is the case for most moderations, I don't know if it is because the moderators power is limited or not. Even those that have been banned for a period of time due to blatantly cheating (like thousands of games that last a couple seconds each to push themselves to #1 in a dozen different games) don't get any of their trophies taken away or their Elo reset. And some don't even get banned at all and most continue to exploit it even after the guilty verdict and receive no additional punishment. It makes the competitive aspect of this site largely a joke.
Wat??? For sure they don't push enough because you seem to be the BGA champ, like, forever, but please, illustrate us, you are saying people cheat to be nr.1, give more details please, I feel very naive now, so there are people on this globe smarter than those BGA developers who spend the day cheating to become nr.1 without actually playing?
psrv

Post by psrv »

Ndovad wrote: 05 August 2020, 01:00

That's unfortunate. I thought this was a very clear case of cheating and at a minimum the offending player should have the Arena title taken away from them. But apparently the moderators thought that a slap on the wrist was just fine.
unfortunately this is the case for most moderations, I don't know if it is because the moderators power is limited or not. Even those that have been banned for a period of time due to blatantly cheating (like thousands of games that last a couple seconds each to push themselves to #1 in a dozen different games) don't get any of their trophies taken away or their Elo reset. And some don't even get banned at all and most continue to exploit it even after the guilty verdict and receive no additional punishment. It makes the competitive aspect of this site largely a joke.
Wat??? For sure they don't push enough because you seem to be the BGA champ, like, forever, but please, illustrate us, you are saying people cheat to be nr.1, give more details please, I feel very naive now, so there are people on this globe smarter than those BGA developers who spend the day cheating to become nr.1 without actually playing?
Ndovad, the player I reported played a popular game in the last 5 minute with himself and one other player. I don't really want to list names here but if you do a bit of research I'm sure you can figure out who it is. This player actually has several banned accounts (for rude behavior). sprockitz plays many more games here than I do so I don't doubt that he has encountered other examples of cheating. My concern is that BGA doesn't seem to care about this.
sprockitz

Post by sprockitz »

Ndovad wrote: 05 August 2020, 01:00

If you are interested you can do a bit of your own research since I'm not going to name names here, but you won't have to go too far down the list of players with the most experience to find an example.
Pistolero

Post by Pistolero »

Well,

I hope this thread will lead to something.
I've fought the whole previous 3P-season to obtain the #1 place in 7Wonders, and to know that:
- one pathetic human being can exploit the system to steal the first place in the last day,
- that the implementation of the Arena enables this cheating behavior while it could be easily prevented with a scheduled system (like the one they tried for only one day...)
- and the most important: that BGA does NOTHING about it, while they have even acknowledged that the player is cheating.

I've lost allappetite of playing here. I play for competition mostly, not for fun. There is no way in those conditions that I'm renewing my Premium account
Ndovad

Post by Ndovad »

Pistolero wrote: 05 August 2020, 08:38 I play for competition mostly, not for fun.
This is the most hard core quote I have ever read, you become my instant hero, this should be a line in a movie, and it would become instantly cult.

Like, if I lose I feel like s..t, if I win I avoided to feel like s..t, but fun? Never, ever.

Anyway, the competition on this site has never been optimal, before Arena top rated players would stop play so they could stare at their screen 24h a day on the page of their accomplishments, now if I got it right Arena allows blatant cheating.

Is there a parallel universe where you gain money when you show a BGA palmares?

Could anyone actually try to figure out what the satisfaction of those cheaters is? Or are they just sick in their mind?

Oh well, we would need to be cheaters to know I guess.
Ndovad

Post by Ndovad »

Pistolero wrote: 05 August 2020, 08:38 Well,

I hope this thread will lead to something.
Another interesting quote....

There are rumors on the internet the french police is going to shut down BGA, our beloved old friend Eugillon already tried to explain to us poor peasants that BGA rigs its algorithms, now the Lord of BGA, nobody less than MR. Sprockitz, is telling us about blatant cheating and another top "cult" guy, El Pistolero says he's going to leave the show.

Sorry BGA, my informants told me what is going to happen, run, leave the country, what you didn't know is Eugillon is a finance agent for the french government, and he sweared you are going to pay because you banned him.

Now the evidence is too much with those new accusations, but please, go to an island in Polinesia where they won't find you so you can redeem yourself and start BGA2 "Not Rigged" edition.

Seriously, I don't know what's going on, that rigged algorithms didn't make sense to me, that there is a way to cheat also doesn't make sense to me.
Why would BGA not solve this? I mean, I would understand if the thing would be money related, but apparently it isn't, now maybe it's your turn BGA to clear the clouds?

I appreciate this site a lot, well designed, a lot of games, maybe it's time to send Pistolero make his cult western movie and make BGA without elo, arena or any competition.

Sing with me:

We play for fun
and we won't run
El Pistolero a movie hero will become
Ndovad

Post by Ndovad »

Pistolero wrote: 05 August 2020, 08:38 - and the most important: that BGA does NOTHING about it, while they have even acknowledged that the player is cheating.
Cmon BGA, I'm going to troll this thread until you clear the clouds.

Is the quote above correct? Oh you bad bad boys, you leave those cheaters unpunished?

You will be forever guilty of chasing away El Pistolero, the 8th wonder of this site.

Sing with me:

BGA, BGA, don't send the pistol guy away,
BGA, hoorray hoorray, why the cheaters have to stay?
Ndovad

Post by Ndovad »

To be fair, I think Arena mode has been too much too handle for them and they just don't know anymore what to do.

Whatever they do, a bunch of problems arise.

But they want to stick with it, if only they could rewind time and find a better way to solve the "top rated guys staring at the screen" without taking that risky arena approach.

But the solution is actually very simple:

Mr Sprockitz is an absolute beast at boardgames, and he cares as he intervenes in this forum by times. Do you imagine how many neurons he has compared to us humans?

I think in one night he can solve everything and make this site perfect.

HIRE HIM

I will pay 20 euros a year of his salary.
Ze Monstah

Post by Ze Monstah »

Hi.
So i want to report a player for a game in April.
But when i go to the report procedure, all the texts in the games prior to the month of May are gone missing, while the ones starting from May until now, are still in the Gamechats of the Tables I played.
Can someone tell me what to do?
I asked the BGA admins, but with no luck of an answer.
Thanks in advance.
This is the text which appears when the reporting procedure is done, even if there was a chat in the game.

"Sorry, it seems that no chatting took place during this game (or that you didn't play this game)."
When life gives you a ZeMon, make ZeMonade...
https://youtu.be/YlmKmM3WCpM
Mach3Racer

Post by Mach3Racer »

Next to the obvious bias for “reporting” culture (where accusers gain a huge and rather nonsensical amount of benefit through reporting activity):

Moderation is also broken in the sense, that the site forces any user who has been moderated (no matter how questionable the “judges”, the case presented and/or the accuser) THEN demands of the accused to “sign” a page by clicking a button that reads “Understood and agreed”
after activating a check-box that reads “I've read and understood the moderation, and I agree to not do this again.“

In a nutshell, it forces “moderated” users to an action that is not just overreaching and often non-sensical, given the often questionable nature of report & moderation put in place. How and why such an action is required or forced is inexplicable.

It basically forces any moderated user to “pleading guilty” AND to “sign” such a document.

This is preposterous, unacceptable and possibly illegal.

Not doing so results in permanently being locked out from site indefinitely incl. access to account, account settings, managing premium account (incl. being UNABLE to cancel premium) and other basic features and rights of any user as protected by EU privacy and data laws.

Return to “Discussions”