Puerto Rico : keeping good order after captain phase

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Shaq Jenkins

Re: Puerto Rico : keeping good order after captain phase

Post by Shaq Jenkins »

I don't think it's fair to red thumb people who are playing the way BGA implemented the game. I've played 240+ games of Puerto Rico on here and never knew about the captain and mayor selection order rules, and I'm sure there are other people who are in the same predicament as I am. I actually didn't learn about these rules until I played Puerto Rico with my board gaming group and they told me about them. When we play games on BGA, we are assuming that BGA's implementation is accurate. Players shouldn't have to auto-regulate themselves - the least BGA can do is add an option to turn this rule on/off. The current implementation causes too much unnecessary confusion.

We've seen the dangers of player auto-regulation already (remember the Can't Stop robot drama? :lol: ).
Een

Re: Puerto Rico : keeping good order after captain phase

Post by Een »

On another game in development, in a similar multiplayer context, the developer Victoria_La had the nice idea to implement a "wait" button.

If the player wants to wait for his/her actual turn to play in one of those context, he/she can just click the "wait" button. Then his/her clock stops, and will start again when the other players ahead of him/her in the turn have played.

This mechanism solves the problem without slowing the games down unnecessarily when turn order doesn't matter, so it has been set in place for Puerto Rico too. Thanks Victoria_La for finding this solution!

Return to “Discussions”