Love Letter seeing what card being played

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
roumanite

Love Letter seeing what card being played

Post by roumanite »

This question has been stuck within me for a long time..

I wonder why when we play Love Letter online, we can see which card being played of other players (the first card they have or the second card (the card they just drew from the deck))

In my opinion, I think it should not be available to us because if a player keeps using the card he just drew from the deck, it raises suspicion that his first card is Princess.

Moreover, if we play real time (offline) other players are able to hide their hands under the table or shuffle them so no one knows whether they are using the first or second card.

Is this an important issue? What do you think of keeping track of which card the other players are using?
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Re: Love Letter seeing what card being played

Post by sourisdudesert »

Hi,

Hidden cards are not associated with real cards, so it does not matter. Ie : you cannot determine anything from hidden cards on BGA.
ojomojojojo

Post by ojomojojojo »

sorry but this post made zero sense. I think maybe you diddnt play the game or here too often
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

I think what OP is saying is the left or right card, not that you can see what the card is. And that is correct. The newest card drawn always goes to the right. So the left one is the one you already had, and the right one was just drawn.

I've never questioned this before cause I've only play turn-based so I'm reading the log, not watching the visual. But if you look closely, you can see which (left or right) card is being played. So I get what's being said. If someone is always playing the right card (newly drawn), you wonder why they continually keep that other card. It can also be important if you just played a Priest on them and know they kept the one you saw (left card).

However, I'm not that concerned about it. In the case of wondering why someone would continually keep the same card, I figure "wondering" is part of the game. I also don't think that visual is that clear. I had to watch a few turns before I was sure you could actually tell which card it was. I bet not everyone is seeing that, or even realizing that's the case.
roumanite

Post by roumanite »

sourisdudesert wrote:Hi,

Hidden cards are not associated with real cards, so it does not matter. Ie : you cannot determine anything from hidden cards on BGA.
ojomojojojo wrote:sorry but this post made zero sense. I think maybe you diddnt play the game or here too often
Liallan wrote:I think what OP is saying is the left or right card, not that you can see what the card is. And that is correct. The newest card drawn always goes to the right. So the left one is the one you already had, and the right one was just drawn.

I've never questioned this before cause I've only play turn-based so I'm reading the log, not watching the visual. But if you look closely, you can see which (left or right) card is being played. So I get what's being said. If someone is always playing the right card (newly drawn), you wonder why they continually keep that other card. It can also be important if you just played a Priest on them and know they kept the one you saw (left card).

However, I'm not that concerned about it. In the case of wondering why someone would continually keep the same card, I figure "wondering" is part of the game. I also don't think that visual is that clear. I had to watch a few turns before I was sure you could actually tell which card it was. I bet not everyone is seeing that, or even realizing that's the case.
Yeah, thats what I meant. Sorry for being confusing. Thanks for sharing your thoughts :D
diamant

Post by diamant »

Après vérification, il semble bien que l'animation montre bien laquelle des deux cartes, gauche ou droite, est jouée ; alors que la carte qui vient d'être piochée est toujours placée à droite.
Je n'avais pas prêté attention à cette particularité de l'animation, certainement parce qu'un défaut de conception aussi manifeste est difficile à imaginer.
J'espère que ce défaut sera corrigé rapidement. À mon avis, la solution la plus simple est de réunir les deux cartes cachées avant d'en révéler une, puis de la jouer.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Désolé mais il n'y a pas de bug. La carte piochée est placée à droite, et ensuite la carte retirée n'a aucune relation avec la carte réellement choisie.

Return to “Discussions”