Tokaido Crossroads - Do amulets count as temple donations?

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Marronigus

Tokaido Crossroads - Do amulets count as temple donations?

Post by Marronigus »

Hello fellow Tokaido travellers!

In my understanding of the rules, when a player uses one coin to buy an amulet, this coin is also counted as a temple donation for the purpose of determining the most generous donor at the end of the game. "As with a normal donation, the player immediately earns 1 point per coin placed and the coins will be counted at the end of the game in the Temple donation points."

1. I may be mistaken but I feel like this rule is currently not applied in BGA. That may just be my own impression since it is difficult to check this at the end of the game and recall what amulets have been played.

2. If my understanding of the rule is correct, would it not be helpful that the coins spent on amulets be added to your donation tally as soon as you buy the amulet? This is what I do when playing the game in real life and it seems easier to keep track of things.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks a lot to all for your help!
CB Droege

Re: Tokaido Crossroads - Do amulets count as temple donations?

Post by CB Droege »

No. You're reading it wrong. :geek: The text you refer to is the second paragraph of the details for the specific amulet: Devotion.

The "coins" referred to are the coins spent on a meal or souvenir, etc. Which does apply as a donation when the card is used, once.
Marronigus

Post by Marronigus »

Thanks a lot for the clarification, CB! :oops:

It all makes sense now and makes purchasing amulets a little less rewarding than I thought...
CB Droege

Post by CB Droege »

No problem. :D I hope it doesn't cause an argument next time you bring out the box IRL. ;)

Return to “Discussions”