New stuff for turn-based players

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Espina

Re: New stuff for turn-based players

Post by Espina »

If I may make a suggestion, another nice thing that you might do to unclutter the game lobby is to add a "remove" button to the tables, so that if I go to my lobby, and see a bunch of tables I don't want to join, I can remove them and then they will no longer be displayed in my lobby (although of course they will still display for other people) I don't know how hard this would be to implement, but I imagine it is possible, and I think it would be a very nice feature.

Thanks for maintaining this awesome website!
squarerootofthree

Post by squarerootofthree »

Thanks for the continual work on the site, admins. I love this site so much!

But I must admit that I find this new rule to be a problem:
If it's your turn to play on a turn-based table for more than 15 minutes, you cannot create/join a new turn-based table (every player's priority should be to play on existing tables before joining new games).
I know it's well-intentioned but it's often just annoying in practice. If someone is still making moves in a timely fashion who cares whether they start a new game with other moves pending or send a rematch request? Why not tie this to the reputation or experience w/turn-based games? So if you have 80%+ karma you can set up games with turns still waiting, or whatever level you choose.

And if nothing else, please, PLEASE allow rematches to be sent until moves are finished. I often wake up in the morning and have moves in 15+ games. But many of those games are part of a VERY long series of rematches I enjoy playing with a few different users. So it's standard practice that whichever of us ends the game immediately sends a rematch so we don't forget. It's so easy to do: the game ends, click the rematch button and then click to the next table and continue making moves in the other games. It probably delays those moves about 5 seconds for the time it takes to send a rematch request.

Now I arbitrarily have to make the rest of my moves and then remember to go back to that other game to submit the rematch request and have already found myself forgetting a couple times. :-(

Thanks again for all the work. I have no issue with the latest changes overall but hope that you'll reconsider that one point.
infrareddandelion

Post by infrareddandelion »

This thing where you can't propose a rematch at the end of a turn-based game if you have any turns waiting is ridiculous. I'll never remember to go back and do it. I have some friends here where we've been playing for almost 2 years and it's all rematches!!

Being unable to start a turn-based game with turns waiting is also ridiculous. The whole point of turn-based is that you don't need to take all your turns that instant, isn't it?

I have friends I play with here in real-time, but we use turn-based games for those in case one of us has to leave unexpectedly. If you have to leave in the middle of a real-time game, there goes your reputation. Being unable to do a rematch or start a new game in this situation is really obnoxious.

I understand the reasoning behind restricting the number of games, but why not just set a firm limit based on reputation or paid versus unpaid? Or as squarerootofthree suggested, tie the number in levels to your reputation. I could stay under my limit by 1 or 2, and then I can play as many games in a row as I want with my friend who has only an hour and can't wait for me to go around to all my games after we finish something.
chrisa

Post by chrisa »

infrareddandelion wrote:This thing where you can't propose a rematch at the end of a turn-based game if you have any turns waiting is ridiculous. I'll never remember to go back and do it. I have some friends here where we've been playing for almost 2 years and it's all rematches!!
squarerootofthree wrote:And if nothing else, please, PLEASE allow rematches to be sent until moves are finished. I often wake up in the morning and have moves in 15+ games. But many of those games are part of a VERY long series of rematches I enjoy playing with a few different users. So it's standard practice that whichever of us ends the game immediately sends a rematch so we don't forget. It's so easy to do: the game ends, click the rematch button and then click to the next table and continue making moves in the other games. It probably delays those moves about 5 seconds for the time it takes to send a rematch request.
+1
JollyBird

Post by JollyBird »

chrisa wrote:
infrareddandelion wrote:This thing where you can't propose a rematch at the end of a turn-based game if you have any turns waiting is ridiculous. I'll never remember to go back and do it. I have some friends here where we've been playing for almost 2 years and it's all rematches!!
squarerootofthree wrote:And if nothing else, please, PLEASE allow rematches to be sent until moves are finished. I often wake up in the morning and have moves in 15+ games. But many of those games are part of a VERY long series of rematches I enjoy playing with a few different users. So it's standard practice that whichever of us ends the game immediately sends a rematch so we don't forget. It's so easy to do: the game ends, click the rematch button and then click to the next table and continue making moves in the other games. It probably delays those moves about 5 seconds for the time it takes to send a rematch request.
+1
I agree; +1!
Espina

Post by Espina »

chrisa wrote:
infrareddandelion wrote:
This thing where you can't propose a rematch at the end of a turn-based game if you have any turns waiting is ridiculous. I'll never remember to go back and do it. I have some friends here where we've been playing for almost 2 years and it's all rematches!!

squarerootofthree wrote:
And if nothing else, please, PLEASE allow rematches to be sent until moves are finished. I often wake up in the morning and have moves in 15+ games. But many of those games are part of a VERY long series of rematches I enjoy playing with a few different users. So it's standard practice that whichever of us ends the game immediately sends a rematch so we don't forget. It's so easy to do: the game ends, click the rematch button and then click to the next table and continue making moves in the other games. It probably delays those moves about 5 seconds for the time it takes to send a rematch request.

+1

I agree; +1!
Hear hear! +1
agila13

Post by agila13 »

I agree with what all of you posted, specially with ollyfish2002. I play in the same group and we always finish the games we start. Can you please offer us a solution so we can continue with our Tournaments???

Thanks in advance!
diamant

Post by diamant »

sourisdudesert wrote:[*] If it's your turn to play on a turn-based table for more than 15 minutes, you cannot create/join a new turn-based table (every player's priority should be to play on existing tables before joining new games).
I fully desagree with that. Such constraint is irrelevant and very annoying for most players.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

diamant wrote:[*] If it's your turn to play on a turn-based table for more than 15 minutes, you cannot create/join a new turn-based table (every player's priority should be to play on existing tables before joining new games).
We need to re-think this one. In the meantime it has been removed.
JollyBird

Post by JollyBird »

[quote="sourisdudesert"[*] If it's your turn to play on a turn-based table for more than 15 minutes, you cannot create/join a new turn-based table (every player's priority should be to play on existing tables before joining new games).[/quote]

We need to re-think this one. In the meantime it has been removed.[/quote]

Thanks!

Return to “Discussions”