Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
ollyfish2002

Re: Waiting screen before game - FAQ

Post by ollyfish2002 »

Hello
Why am I seeing the banner while spectator ?
Never see that before.
dudi2

Post by dudi2 »

It seems that on spectator its like on replay. There the banner is shown if the player which you select for replay has seen the waiting screen.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

That's a little bizarre. If you spectate right from the start, then I could see having to wait cause everyone isn't there yet, but not if you jump in later, or replay it. That's seriously weird.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Hello

The spectators should see exactly the same than players (so they should see the waiting screen if there is one).

During replay there should be no waiting screen.

If something else is happening please report a bug (with table id) so we can have a look.
JoshTriplett

Post by JoshTriplett »

You've mentioned a couple of times that giving away ELO to everyone increased your user base by 20% but cut paying users by 25%.

That doesn't seem like a good trade for you. Yes, the site is more popular, but you're hurting for revenue. Giving away a premium feature will always make you more popular, but popularity alone isn't your primary success criteria, if it hurts your revenue stream.

I think you were better off in the previous state, with more paying users; you could always grow your base of free users other ways. I mean, even if you'd just taken all the revenue from the 25% of paying users you lost and put it into advertising, you'd probably have gained a substantial number of new users, and still had that revenue stream available in the future.

I'd rather see ELO go back to being a premium feature, rather than having the delay screen.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

JoshTriplett wrote: I'd rather see ELO go back to being a premium feature, rather than having the delay screen.
I'd rather see the ELO. It's not really about seeing statistics "I don't need." (I still can't see other ones.) But it's far more difficult to find players at levels I want if I don't even know my own. I think that is just basic information we should have access to. I've never known of another site to hide a thing like that.

And I'd prefer the site not do it in some "auto" way, like the simply lobby. I could be a "good" player, but 201 and 299 are two different things.
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

Now that the waiting screen has been around for nearly half a year.

How has it impacted your number of premium users and overall player numbers?
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Hi,

We cannot communicate the details, but to summarize: we are globally satisfied on the impact, but not 100% satisfied. This "waiting screen" may be improved in the future.

Return to “Discussions”