Any good deck building games here?

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
whiteknight14

Any good deck building games here?

Post by whiteknight14 »

Looking for a deck building game in the line of star realms or Legendary.
Any that I can add to my list on BGA?

Thanks
Any titles would be appreciated.
turtler7

Re: Any good deck building games here?

Post by turtler7 »

I am a big fan of deck building games (Ascension is my personal favorite of them).

BGA has exactly one true deck builder: time masters. It can only be played in real time and doesn't behave well on mobile because of reliance on tooltips to run it and most of it seems built for a language I do not speak. I have been meaning to give it another try rather than giving up instantly if you would like to learn it together sometime.

Otherwise the closest things you have are center row drafting like Jaipur (one of my favorite games now and discovered it on here), several hand management games like lost cities/dragon heart/sobek, and a head to head card based army battle called GOSU (goblin supremacy). GOSU didn't have as much longevity for me as I was hoping but had plenty of faction interplay, card combinations, and checking hand/discard/enemy count to determine when to do certain actions that as a former magic player I found it quite worth playing.

In short:
Time masters is exactly what you asked for but might not be one you end up loving
Jaipur and GOSU are ones you should try.
Lost cities, Sobek, Dragon heart, and others listed in games under hand management if you just like playing card based mechanics with defined/same deck everyone is working with.
whiteknight14

Post by whiteknight14 »

great breakdown, thank you

yes i enjoy lost cities
and watched a review for dragon heart
the one time i played time master i was on mobile, and the language on the cards icouldnt read. ended up guessing on what to play , bad time there.

jaipur sounds up my alley i'll check that out thank you
Rico the Hobbit

Post by Rico the Hobbit »

Yes, Time Master is a deckbuilding but only on real time. I hope to have it in turn by turn :cry:

Dominion was, at the begining, on BGA but was removed when a video game was developed. The good deckbuilding have their own video game like Star Realm, Ascencion, but we can hope to see other games developed on BGA as Trains, Artic Scavengers or Runeage...
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

Rico the Hobbit wrote:Dominion was, at the begining, on BGA but was removed when a video game was developed.
Oh, I'm sad to hear that... but it is good to know.

Return to “Discussions”