65 different turn based games. COMPLETE

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
RicardoRix

33 - 22 - 2 : Legendary Inventors (lost)

Post by RicardoRix »

Originally I didn't like this game much. The theme and the game play really don't match. The game play (important part) seems a bit limited. What choices are there? How many different strategies can you employ? Well not many...which is a real shame. But anyway the stab-in-back tactics actually are the shining light to this game and all with such lovely looking components, really the theme should be all out war, dragons or machine guns or something, anyway the more plays, the more I like it, but still it could have much more to offer, maybe a good expansion anyway...

This game. My opponent out played me. I missed opportunities to upgrade in the early stage no-one really got the upper hand at any point and I lost.

https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!table?table=30946037
RicardoRix

33 - 23 - 2 : Libertalia (lost) (3rd / 3)

Post by RicardoRix »

It's a fun kinda party game, lots going on and easily playable. Just not my particular cup of tea.

This game I lost bad.

https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!table?table=30946044
yoyote

Re: 65 different turn based games.

Post by yoyote »

I read you, and I liked that. Thanks to share your xp, now I wanna try Troyes!
RicardoRix

Re: 65 different turn based games.

Post by RicardoRix »

yoyote wrote:I read you, and I liked that. Thanks to share your xp, now I wanna try Troyes!
cool! glad yoy enjoyed the read. As with most games it's good to play with similar rating abilities (if you can).
RicardoRix

33 - 24 - 2 : Stone Age (lost)

Post by RicardoRix »

I really like stone age, it plays good any number of players 2- 4. If you want an introduction to 'people placement' games then this hits the spot. While it is a bit simple compared to others, what it does have is extremely good, the tactics, strategy and game play are faultless, you can see why it's so popular and does very well in a competitive environment.

This game was against a higher rated opponent. I thought that I was doing well, everything seemed to go according to plan, my opponent stayed at 5 meeples but got LOTS of tools. I felt that I was ahead in civ cards and then buildings, so where did it go wrong when I lost by 35 points? Well he got ALL the building modifiers and certainly in this game as for upgrades: tools > meeples. Live and learn, well played opponent!

https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!table?table=30946462
Last edited by RicardoRix on 24 June 2017, 14:37, edited 1 time in total.
RicardoRix

34 - 24 - 2 : Nippon (won)

Post by RicardoRix »

Nippon is really cool. Think of it like Puerto Rico on steroids with not quite so much stab in the back. Has superb super smooth game play for a complicated game. I must admit I don't totally go for longer games but I appreciate that this game is a very good all round balanced game. My only slight dig is that each game tends to play out the same. You run out of export cards and other such things meaning you never specialize too much and so the strategies become very similar.

This particular game, my opponent only had 2 little factories most of the game (?) I specifically didn't oust his tiles in the market so he couldn't regain bonuses from the local markets. So after I fully developed, all-in-all it just meant I needed keep my nose ahead in all point scoring areas to bring home the win.

https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!table?table=30946272
Cappie

Re: 33 - 24 - 2 : Stone Age (lost)

Post by Cappie »

RicardoRix wrote:I really like stone age, it plays good any number of players 2- 4. If you want an introduction to 'people placement' games then this hits the spot. While it is a bit simple compared to others, what it does have is extremely good, the tactics, strategy and game play are faultless, you can see why it's so popular and does very well in a competitive environment.

This game was against a higher rated opponent. I thought that I was doing well, everything seemed to go according to plan, my opponent stayed at 5 meeples but got LOTS of tools. I felt that I was ahead in civ cards and then buildings, so where did it go wrong when I lost by 35 points? Well he got ALL the building modifiers and certainly in this game as for upgrades: tools > meeples. Live and learn, well played opponent!

https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!table?table=30946462
I wonder how Many meeples you had, because in a 2 player game when your opponent stays at 5 and you go to 10, you should be able to win. Of course you do need to throw normal, so iTS always a bit of luck.

So only 5 games to go. You are doing great and Much better then you hoped. Very Nice experiment this. I wonder if tournaments over different games is possible to creat on this site. :D
RicardoRix

Re: 33 - 24 - 2 : Stone Age (lost)

Post by RicardoRix »

Cappie wrote: I wonder how Many meeples you had, because in a 2 player game when your opponent stays at 5 and you go to 10, you should be able to win. Of course you do need to throw normal, so iTS always a bit of luck.
Yeah, I got to 9 fairly swiftly, I always get a tool first and at-least some field \ economy 3-4) before extra meeples to make sure I don't have to hunt for food, I think I hunted once with a couple of people. I don't know how he managed it, but he did have 9 tools at the end so I think his resource gaining was powered by tools which he got extra via the civ (die 1-6) cards. Part of the problem with turn-based is that you sometimes miss exactly what is going on.
Cappie wrote: So only 5 games to go. You are doing great and Much better then you hoped. Very Nice experiment this. I wonder if tournaments over different games is possible to creat on this site. :D
Thanks. I think it might be more than 65 even (68 perhaps(?)). Yeah I think I'm going to try small 4-6 player round robin tournaments with maybe 10 of the short 2-player games, LITS, Quarto, Hex, etc. I'll ask in the forums to see which people are interested and then specifically invite those people. Start each tournament 1 or 2 days gap in-between. Post overall results in the forum.
Possibly could also do it with medium sized games, RTFG, StoneAge, Hawaii, etc. but maybe fewer games overall.
RicardoRix

34 - 25 - 2 : Lost Cities (lost).

Post by RicardoRix »

Yeah, so so game, very light and easily playable, fairly solid game play, but I can take it or leave it. If you lose you just berate your luck.

This game, yeah - I lost by a country mile, my worst defeat of any 65 games. I berated my luck a lot, enough to calculate how many 8,9, and 10's I didn't get.

https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!table?table=30946123
RicardoRix

34 - 26 - 2 : Russian Railroads (lost)

Post by RicardoRix »

This game is very popular on BGA, personally I have played it only a few times and wonder where the long-term fun is to be found. The high scores and constant point scoring during the game with combo bonuses and lots of different decisions do make for a rich feel to the game play. But after all this I still find it lacks a bit of flavour.

This game I tried to see if I could get the white 10point pieces on the track, I didn't fail, but my opponent (1st game) didn't spare me an inch.
By the end I lost by 100 points which looked a bit like a no contest, but all-in-all good game, well played opponent.

https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!table?table=30946388

Return to “Discussions”