Question about avatar rights

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
wu-wei

Question about avatar rights

Post by wu-wei »

Hi ! I've just won a one month free subscription with 100 points gift-check. But I can't get a personalized avatar. Only a star on my icon. Why is it so ?? Are avatars reserved to paying members ? If so, what is the use of getting 100 points ???? Please explain me. Thanks.
qwertasdfg

Re: Question about avatar rights

Post by qwertasdfg »

I think every user can upload their personal avatar.
Go to preferences-avatar-change my avatar

Premium users just get a banner on it (so that it doesn't look the way they wanted anymore :D )
wu-wei

Post by wu-wei »

Thanks ; it works, now !!!! Just need to select a file on your computer and then : 'Download a new avatar'. I thought selecting a file would make a 'OK' button appear. But the OK button is the 'Download' one :D . Anyway, thanks for your answer.
qwertasdfg

Post by qwertasdfg »

Sure, no problem.

But then it appears the language you have chosen on this site has a wrong translation. On the English one it says upload avatar, which is exactly what it does.
Should have the same meaning in all other languages as well
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

I tried to find this in the translator. You have French and Spanish listed as languages. I couldn't imagine the French being wrong. :lol: But I used google translator for both French and Spanish on the word 'upload', then checked both in the translator, and they are both correct.

If you're using something you don't have listed, I think you can check it yourself. Under Community, go into the "help translate" and go the one at the top for the general site. Make it English to whatever language up at the top, then search "upload new avatar" and make sure you type that in precisely. And then you can check what someone did with it. You won't be able to change it unless you're approved for that, but you can post on the Translations forum and ask to have it changed.
wu-wei

Post by wu-wei »

I'm sorry ! The fault is mine. The button is indeed an "Upload" button. Just a silly mistake :oops:

Return to “Discussions”