Chat doesn't work for me?

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
JessiJoW

Chat doesn't work for me?

Post by JessiJoW »

I am new to BGA. Does anyone have any idea why I can't seem to send any chat messages either in game or from the lobby? I can type the message, but I can't figure out how to "send" it. Hitting Return doesn't work, nor does there seem to be any option to click to send it. I am on an ipad...

I feel really rude not replying to people... :shock:
Jest Phulin

Re: Chat doesn't work for me?

Post by Jest Phulin »

The lobby chat is not available until you have been a member for 3 days, if I recall correctly. In-game chat should be available, though. I'm not sure what the issue is.

Oh, just a side note: in-game chat is disabled for people with very low reputation and those that have abused it in the past. But that is difficult to accomplish with a new account unless you are deliberately trying to create a bad experience for others.

Oh, great... Now I've said that, and I can visualize people saying "challenge accepted." :roll: I've spent too long on the internet.
JessiJoW

Post by JessiJoW »

Thanks. No worries about "accepting the challenge" of lowering reputation. Not purposely trying to do that ;)

Maybe I should try chat again now that I've been on for a few days. But I'm also finding other things a challenge on the ipad - for example, in Takenoko, I can't for the life of me seem to place an irrigation pipe. :-(

I searched the forums, and it seems like tablets have only been officially supported for the last 18 months, but not sure if this is a software glitch or user error! ;)

Unfortunately, I have given my laptop over to my kids, and I solely use my ipad now. I may just need to restrict which games I play...which is unfortunate.
turtler7

Post by turtler7 »

For takenoko you can expand the size of window on your tablet after selecting the irrigation tile from the player window then scroll to place on the tile map with much easier success rate. Just be careful NOT to resize the window using the left area at all or you might accidentally pick an action type. Use the bottom area where your objective cards are to zoom in a bit then scroll up into the plot map :). I have to do the same thing when I play on my phone on the go.

Return to “Discussions”