/'Button to leave outside of game interface' and /'Bug correction vote mecanism for unplayable games'

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
alecrim

/'Button to leave outside of game interface' and /'Bug correction vote mecanism for unplayable games'

Post by alecrim »

Hello, I'm new to the site, so if there is a function to go around the problem I intend to report, please point it out to me. Otherwise, I feel there is a simple way to avoid some problems that might come with bugs.

PROBLEM: I have created two turn-based games of 'Polis'. But 'Polis' is currently unplayable as far as I've discovered due to this bug: https://pt.boardgamearena.com/#!bug?id=7640 (by the way, which is something I intend to discuss as well). I didn't know this when I created them.

But now, neither me nor my opponent may enter the game interface. Not to finish the game, and also not to leave it, abandon it willingly, so that we dont face a loss of reputation (and penalties). Which also means that I have two less turn-based games that I might create, since those spots are being used by unplayable 'Polis'.

SOLUTION: An easy solution to this problem would be to have a button to leave the game willingly (if the two players agree) outside of the game interface (the page where you start a game and leave it, like this https://pt.boardgamearena.com/#!table?table=32060541 ). So I ask if this might be doable and if it's desirable.

BY THE WAY, since 'Polis' is unplayable, less people will be concerned with it and the bug might not be corrected since it currently has only 7 votes. 'Polis' is only for two players, so it would never be as popular as games for more players, where more people might vote to correct a bug, and since it cant be played, it also wont become more popular, so I feel that might award a different priority in terms of correcting said bug.

Like I said, I'm new to the community, but I have enjoyed it enormously in the two weeks since I came to know it. I obviously dont mean to criticize it in a bad way and I only have compliments to it (besides the critics, that is :P ). Thanks for reading and I hope that might help.
Een

Re: /'Button to leave outside of game interface' and /'Bug correction vote mecanism for unplayable games'

Post by Een »

Hello!

I checked polis in the studio and games started fine, so I rebuilt a version from the studio and deployed it.
Games seem to start fine now from my tests.

I updated broken games manually. They may still not be in a proper state to play, but you should get access to the interface to abandon them.

Please let me know if some new games still start with the same error.
alecrim

Re: /'Button to leave outside of game interface' and /'Bug correction vote mecanism for unplayable games'

Post by alecrim »

Thanks a lot. I was able to access the interface and I actually intend to play. I have sent messages to my opponents and I hope they are still willing to play as well. I will report anyway and keep an eye out. Thanks again.

Any thoughts on the button thingy_
Een

Post by Een »

alecrim wrote:Any thoughts on the button thingy_
Setting up a group abandon out of the game would be heavy on the interface, and useful only when there is a really bad technical glitch like this one for Polis. The correct thing to do when there is such a bug is to fix it (but unfortunately, sometimes volunteer developers for games can't maintain them or lose interest after a while, and fixing a game developed by someone else can be difficult).
alecrim

Post by alecrim »

Well thks again.

I'm being able to play my turn-based polis games, but I just started a different real-time polis game and just got the same problem (on Polis: Fight for the Hegemony #32156603). I think I'm gonna stick to those turn-based I have before they go bad too.

Is there anyway I can find the (virtual-)game developer to try and lobby him into checking it out (the bug, that is)?
Een

Post by Een »

alecrim wrote: I'm being able to play my turn-based polis games, but I just started a different real-time polis game and just got the same problem (on Polis: Fight for the Hegemony #32156603).
Random bug then... the most difficult to track and destroy unfortunately...
alecrim wrote: Is there anyway I can find the (virtual-)game developer to try and lobby him into checking it out (the bug, that is)?
You have his username on the game page https://fr.boardgamearena.com/#!gamepanel?game=polis
You can try leaving him a message. Also, the developer gets an email each time someone posts a new bug or a comment on a bug for this game.
Een

Post by Een »

I tried to apply a generic fix to avoid this error. Hope I didn't break anything else...

Return to “Discussions”