Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Re: About our moderation policy

Post by sourisdudesert »

Espina wrote:Also it might be good if a link to either this or a general behavior guidelines document be made available somewhere prominent, like the bga front page.
When you are moderated, there is a link to the moderation policy in the email. And moderators also have access to this link.
Espina

Post by Espina »

sourisdudesert wrote:
Espina wrote:Also it might be good if a link to either this or a general behavior guidelines document be made available somewhere prominent, like the bga front page.
When you are moderated, there is a link to the moderation policy in the email. And moderators also have access to this link.
I see. But you don't think that this is relevant to everybody, rather than only people who have already misbehaved?
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

Espina wrote:
sourisdudesert wrote:
I see. But you don't think that this is relevant to everybody, rather than only people who have already misbehaved?
Not really. The general policy is "Don't be a jerk to other players." That policy is prominent. Now, there are two basic types of people: those that understand that policy, and those that don't. Those that don't understand it are generally the type of people to try to find loopholes in any set of rules. "Oh, I can't insult your mother? OK, how about I insult your maternal grandmother's only daughter?" By making it convenient to find the definitions of disallowed behavior it makes it easier for people to push the limits, claiming that "what I did was within the rules."
These rules have been available for some time. I'm pretty sure a forum search can turn them up -- this is not the first time I've seen a thread like this. If people can't understand how not to behave in polite society, they shouldn't get help in how to legally annoy others. If they can understand, there is no need to know specifics.
10yanyo

Post by 10yanyo »

Espina wrote:
10yanyo wrote: Also now there is no Asian moderators or Russian moderators. Some people do not speak good English and French as their mother tongue and they may feel difficult to make a report.
How do you know if there are or are not any Asian/Russian mods? Is a list of moderators available somewhere?
'Who are we?' in the lower black region of the page.
Espina

Post by Espina »

Jest Phulin wrote:
Espina wrote:
sourisdudesert wrote:
Not really. The general policy is "Don't be a jerk to other players." That policy is prominent.
Now, there are two basic types of people: those that understand that policy, and those that don't. Those that don't understand it are generally the type of people to try to find loopholes in any set of rules. "Oh, I can't insult your mother? OK, how about I insult your maternal grandmother's only daughter?" By making it convenient to find the definitions of disallowed behavior it makes it easier for people to push the limits, claiming that "what I did was within the rules."
These rules have been available for some time. I'm pretty sure a forum search can turn them up -- this is not the first time I've seen a thread like this. If people can't understand how not to behave in polite society, they shouldn't get help in how to legally annoy others. If they can understand, there is no need to know specifics.
OK, I see your point.
Espina

Post by Espina »

10yanyo wrote:
Espina wrote:
10yanyo wrote: Also now there is no Asian moderators or Russian moderators. Some people do not speak good English and French as their mother tongue and they may feel difficult to make a report.
How do you know if there are or are not any Asian/Russian mods? Is a list of moderators available somewhere?
'Who are we?' in the lower black region of the page.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

sourisdudesert wrote:1. We care about the possibility to chat during a game. More and more online games (ex: Heartstone) do not allow players to chat between themselves to avoid moderation issue. We definitely disagree with this and want to provide a way to chat on BGA, despite the issues.
I for one appreciate that we have the ability to chat during a game. While not everyone chats, it is certainly more fun when they do, and of course allows for helping with rules/interface, etc.

Couple of comments....

What are you meaning by "insanity"? (The statement "small insults and insanity.") I think it might mean something besides what you think it does?

And under "multiple accounts" you still have reset ELO to 1500.
qwertasdfg

Post by qwertasdfg »

Liallan wrote:
What are you meaning by "insanity"? (The statement "small insults and insanity.") I think it might mean something besides what you think it does?
Pretty sure that's a typo or auto"correct" and means inanity
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

qwertasdfg wrote:
Liallan wrote:
Pretty sure that's a typo or auto"correct" and means inanity
That would never have occurred to me. That's what comes of having a lousy vocabulary. :lol:

Return to “Discussions”