Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Faedur

favorite topics

Post by Faedur »

Hi

On the top left of a discussion, we can click to add the topic on favourite or ask to follow it.
But where can I find my favourite topics listed ? I just can't find it...

Liallan

Re: favorite topics

Post by Liallan »

I don't see any place to make something as a favorite topic. I see where I can subscribe to a thread, but that's related to the user control panel they don't want us to use anymore.
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!forum/u ... =bookmarks

The path to it is convoluted. The fastest link to it(user control panel) is through the 'Private messages' link.
Faedur

Post by Faedur »

Liallan wrote:I don't see any place to make something as a favorite topic. I see where I can subscribe to a thread, but that's related to the user control panel they don't want us to use anymore.
I don't know exactly the terms in english but when I read a topic, on the top left corner, there is the title then the "answer" button then a tool button with submenus in it : "subscribe to the topic" / "Add to favourite" / "Send by e-mail" / "preview before printing".
They don't want us to use it anymore ?
N_Faker wrote:https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!forum/u ... =bookmarks
The path to it is convoluted. The fastest link to it(user control panel) is through the 'Private messages' link.
That's what I was seeking, thanks. Strange path but I get it now.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

Faedur wrote:
Liallan wrote:I don't see any place to make something as a favorite topic. I see where I can subscribe to a thread, but that's related to the user control panel they don't want us to use anymore.
I don't know exactly the terms in english but when I read a topic, on the top left corner, there is the title then the "answer" button then a tool button with submenus in it : "subscribe to the topic" / "Add to favourite" / "Send by e-mail" / "preview before printing".
They don't want us to use it anymore ?
Yes, that's what I was referring to, but the "add to favorites" in English says "bookmark." All of that is at the bottom on mine. There is also a link that says "favorite topics" that doesn't do anything but reload the page... it's at the top left, so that 's what I thought you were referring to. (Page locations are so not consistent anymore.)
N_Faker wrote:https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!forum/u ... =bookmarks
That's what I was seeking, thanks. Strange path but I get it now.
The reason the path is convoluted is because they don't seem to want us to use this anymore, or at least not the private messages. When someone wanted to know what happened to them, sourisdudesert basically said we weren't supposed to be using that, and the "message" thing on a profile now just starts a chat. The direct link to the User Control Panel (drop-down menu by your name) redirects back to the forums. So the only way there is through "Private Messages" or clicking on the "talk bubble" that shows on your posts. Hence, the convoluted route.

(I personally don't get the point. Sometimes you really want to write a longer message to someone and the chat thing isn't efficient for that. And being able to bookmark something is nice, especially when you haven't posted on it.)
Faedur

Post by Faedur »

Yes, I thinks it is bookmarks in english. Thanks for helping, I agree with you about the uses.

Return to “Discussions”