Same IP Players Now Premium?

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Ker Pouic-Pouic

Re: Same IP Players Now Premium?

Post by Ker Pouic-Pouic »

I am very disapointed, because I really like this website but it is like an "obligation" now to pay the website to play.
For example I have the game Seasons at home but I prefer the game online. Moreover it permits me to play with my girlfriend at home and with other people far away, but not anymore.
We tried the "hotseat mode" but we disliked it because we can't follow the game correctly, and it is not usefull.
I understand that you want to get money, however I am sad that I have to stop to use this website now just because of the "obligation" to pay the features.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

As said before, when speaking about what should be free and what should be not free, there is no absolute answer.

We just have to solve the "keep the audience high while getting enough money to run the service" thing. And to do this there is no other way than following our intuition, watch the corresponding numbers and see if it's fine (or not).

By the way: we are keeping our Premium membership very low on purpose (starting €2/month), so this is not a barrier for anyone.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

sourisdudesert wrote: By the way: we are keeping our Premium membership very low on purpose (starting €2/month), so this is not a barrier for anyone.
Sorry, but you cannot judge other peoples' finances. This is not an attempt to disrespect you or the site, but you always assume there is no reason anyone cannot afford this, and you just can't judge something like that for someone else. This has nothing at all to do with your attempts at getting paying members - but everything to do with saying "this is not a barrier for anyone." That is just a plain false statement.
Royii

Post by Royii »

Agree about it, better to get premium only for few games, extensions of all games and options of the website but bad idea to delete the possibility of players to play with their friends, co-worker and more...
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Royii wrote:Agree about it, better to get premium only for few games, extensions of all games and options of the website but bad idea to delete the possibility of players to play with their friends, co-worker and more...
Again, there is no way to say the idea is "good" or "bad" without looking at the actual numbers (total players / premium players), and there is no way to look at the numbers without implementing the feature.

In 6-12 months we will be able to tell you if the idea was good or bad.
Royii

Post by Royii »

I think a lot of players are here cause they can't buy the games and to enjoy free games, you will lose more (i already saw an idea like this who killed a website, i was webmaster).
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Royii wrote:I think a lot of players are here cause they can't buy the games and to enjoy free games, you will lose more (i already saw an idea like this who killed a website, i was webmaster).
Actually this is the contrary. All the studies/polls we did on BGA conclude that BGA players mostly enjoy games they can play physically (because they own them, or because it is available in their regular players partners).

It has never been the intention of BGA to be a way to avoid buying board games, and this is very good is the new limit discourage this.
Caffe Latte

Post by Caffe Latte »

Heh, we have also learned that if we want this wonderful site to be live, we must loud and proud tell how many physical games we are buying inspired etc. Even if we, honestly, even do not consider bying when we can play for free and built in rules.

P.s. I paid for membership not because of new features or annoying limits. I just wanted to support you for the amazing, really amazing site where you "just Play". No ads, no trials, like an Oasis!
SunnySlight

Post by SunnySlight »

Use something to change your IP address..
alexgodlex

Post by alexgodlex »

It's a common thing : we use BGA at work with the same IP !

Return to “Discussions”