Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
SFIrish1

Player cancelled account

Post by SFIrish1 »

Hi,

I joined a game, but the person who started it has cancelled their account. (It's a two-player game). It's my turn and I can't figure out how to play (interface issue, not rules). Do I just need to run my clock down and get penalized? Shouldn't games go away when the person is no longer a member?

Thanks,

Rose
N_Faker

Re: Player cancelled account

Post by N_Faker »

Propose to abandon it, and it will disappear once the time is up.

You place ships by clicking the relevant squares for the length of the ship and then click it again to place.
SFIrish1

Post by SFIrish1 »

Doesn't work, because both players have to agree. I also tried to concede, but you have to have played.
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

N_Faker wrote:Propose to abandon it, and it will disappear once the time is up.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

N_Faker wrote:
N_Faker wrote:Propose to abandon it, and it will disappear once the time is up.
No, it hasn't disappeared. It's showing both players as being 7 hours over time at this moment. It's one of those things where all players are on turn at once at the beginning of the game, which I think is causing a problem. It seems illogical it should do this when the other player deleted their account.

SFIrish1, did you not figure out how to take your turn? I think you might need to do that, so that it is only the other player's turn. I don't remember this very well since I've only played once, but placing the ships is a little weird. Make sure you follow the instructions up at the top. Try clicking on a ship, then on a space in the upper left box. The smaller upper left one is yours. The big one is where you will try to hit your opponent. So place ships on the smaller upper left one. When you click on a little square, you have to click on it again. But I don't remember if you click on the box first, or on the ship first. Just play around until you get one and then you'll know what to do. Then you can get the rest and complete your turn.

Hopefully, once only the other player is on turn, it'll let you skip their turn, since they are over time. Because it's only 2 player, that should end the game.

If that does not end the game, I would report it as a bug:
https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!bugs

The overtime penalty you'll get isn't really going to hurt you since you have good reputation.
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

At this point he should be able to just kick him.
SFIrish1

Post by SFIrish1 »

N Faker, you were correct, I was just able to kick him. Thank you.
7decoeur

Post by 7decoeur »

There are several active accounts that are active players yet when you click their profile you get some kind of null error message. This has previously been raised, not sure if anything was done to resolve what these players have done to go undercover.

Here are two bug reports I found about it - don't know if they can be merged into 1, but I guess there is a long way to go in flagging this up the table, but every vote counts I suppose!

https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!bug?id=5859

https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!bug?id=6079
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

There is nothing saying this is part of that bug, though. When I click on that player I'm simply getting a message that their account no longer exists, not any kind of "null" whatever error.

(And they don't combine the bug reports, which is a shame since people open new bugs for ones that have already been reported - all the time.)

Oh, and P.S. to SFIrish1 - glad you got that finally worked out. :-)

Return to “Discussions”