In-game replay for turn-based games

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Espina

In-game replay for turn-based games

Post by Espina »

Is it no longer possible to replay an ongoing game? I see that there is still a "Replay Last Move" button, but the ability to replay the game from any previous move seems not to work anymore. Is this a bug or was it deliberately disabled?
Jest Phulin

Re: In-game replay for turn-based games

Post by Jest Phulin »

I think it was modified recently.
Previously, if I recall correctly, clicking on a move in the game log would replay the game from that point. Now, that same action brings up a button that must be clicked for the replay to start (even though the hover text still says that just clicking it should start the replay).
Espina

Post by Espina »

Jest Phulin wrote:I think it was modified recently.
Previously, if I recall correctly, clicking on a move in the game log would replay the game from that point. Now, that same action brings up a button that must be clicked for the replay to start (even though the hover text still says that just clicking it should start the replay).
Yes, it worked like that for a while, but have you tried it recently? Because it no longer works for me. I cannot click on on a move in the game log at all. It simply is not showing up as a clickable object, if you know what I mean.
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

Strange.... It worked for me when I posted that message, but is not working now (for the two games I can test, Quoridor and Nipon). I thought it worked with Cinqo when I tested it right before making that post. It may be a per-game issue.

Any admins want to weigh in on this?
ufm

Post by ufm »

This happened to me yesterday.
After I used 'replay from this move' feature once, it was entirely disabled during the same game.
(Only 'replay last move' was possible in that game afterwards)
So I checked 'replay from this move' url I had used and put it in manually.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

Espina's correct and this changed probably a good week or so ago, maybe longer. Or maybe it's games that have started since a certain date, but it has been happening to me for more than a couple of days.

I can get the game to replay from the start, which is obviously a hassle, but can no longer choose a move to play from.

It would be nice to know what the intent was, just to know what is or is not a bug.
Espina

Post by Espina »

Liallan wrote:Espina's correct and this changed probably a good week or so ago, maybe longer. Or maybe it's games that have started since a certain date, but it has been happening to me for more than a couple of days.

I can get the game to replay from the start, which is obviously a hassle, but can no longer choose a move to play from.

It would be nice to know what the intent was, just to know what is or is not a bug.
How do you get it to replay from the start? I have not been able to do even that. Thanks!
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

Sorry, I don't remember. I would say I either clicked on a game move, or the box with "replay since last move" (or whatever that says) and that is just what it did. And I've seen that more than once. I will try to notice next time it happens.
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

Hey, I finally got it to work, and for multiple games. :)

At the top of the log, there is a "replay last moves" button. Clicking on this initiates the replay system. It seems like it goes to your last move, and plays from that point. However, it also creates clickable items in the log, where one can replay from that specific point too.

As far as my testing went, though, the log only went back to my previous move -- I couldn't go back and replay from any arbitrary point.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

That sounds like what it used to do, before they changed it so you could replay from any point.

Return to “Discussions”