BGA crash December 11th

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
TheSudanesePrince

Re: BGA crash December 11th

Post by TheSudanesePrince »

This is the quality user care and consideration I love about this site, :D LOVE THIS SITE!!!
WetRock

Post by WetRock »

furryjeff wrote:When I saw the picture I thought we had a new game Nuclear War ;)
That would be great!
simon kung

Post by simon kung »

Thanks a lot for the hard work!
Philabuster

Post by Philabuster »

Thank you for your dedication to making this online gaming site a success. we are more than willing to endure minor interruptions in the scheme of things.
Een

Post by Een »

Tortom wrote:I hope that - whereever this investigation leads you - you may be able to find a way to make the site faster/ more responsive. I'm sorry to be adding some negativity during what must be a stress-ful few days at BGA, but I think there can be a relationship between reliability and speed issues, so...
Slow/fast is quite subjective, and can come from a lot of things (network, browser, plugins, age of your computer, available memory, other applications running at the same time, malware hogging your CPU...)
For example, using a script blocker plugin like NoScript can really slow down complex websites such as BGA (I had that trouble at some point). So first thing I'd advise is to disable plugins and/or test with another browser, for exampe a fresh Chrome installation.

Then, gathering some actual speed data (network tab of the developer tools - F12 - of the browser) could be useful to give us a better idea of the state of things in Toronto.
Kot_Cat_Gatto

Post by Kot_Cat_Gatto »

Hello,

After the crash I'm not sure if I have received 5 gift points for the first victory at Targi game.
I hope you will be able to resolve that issue latter on.

Best Regards,
Kot
Last edited by Kot_Cat_Gatto on 12 December 2017, 17:36, edited 1 time in total.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

furryjeff wrote:When I saw the picture I thought we had a new game Nuclear War ;)
I thought something similar. Ironic that something so devastating would create such pretty colors.
thiagovnd

Post by thiagovnd »

That's a very honest reply to the issue. Thanks for being so transparent guys. Wish you best.
gameypoehler

Post by gameypoehler »

News/notifications do not seem to be working correctly since the crash. My entire news history has been wiped and I haven’t gotten any new news or notifications since then although I have finished turn based games and I have registered for tournaments since then.
DrKarotte

Post by DrKarotte »

News have been disabled for the moment.

Return to “Discussions”